Please help: new receiver and speaker set up

GoldyLox
Unregistered guest
hi. I have a Denon AVR-1905, and Definitive Technology Mythos speakers (5) and subwoofer. last night was my first attempt to set this up with my other components, a CD/DVD, Tivo, and VCR. I think I have all the connections correct, but I am getting absolutely NO sound. I just hooked up the L main and the center speakers so far.... but I should get sound with just these 2, yes? I want to hook up the rest tonite or over the weekend.

So here's what I discovered reading the Denon manual on the train to work this morning..could this be the problem? I am using bare wire to connect speakers to receiver, no banana plugs. I unscrewed the cap, threaded the wire (yes, red to red, black to black) straight through the "hole" and tightened the cap. I did it this way on both ends, speaker & receiver. But in the Denon manual, it shows a pic of the bare wire being WRAPPED AROUND the metal connection, NOT going through the hole in the metal conection. Could this be the problem? For the record, I am hooked up to left speaker A and yes, speaker A switch is selected on the receiver.

sorry to be so long-winded, but I wanted to be clear on what I have done so far. Any help, thoughts, suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 157
aas long as you are getting metal to metal contact that would not be your problem. Check to see if any sound modes or speaker selectors are changed or not set, you may have to roll through the setup menu to check this
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us