Dolby Digital 3/2.1

Username: Mdogg777

Post Number: 1
I have 4 speakers hooked up and i get Dolby Digital 3/2.1 shouldnt it 4.1, please help!?

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 507
Nope. There is no such animal. 3/2.1 means 3 front channels, 2 surround channels and a low frequency effects channel. You might be able to set up your receiver to accommodate the exact number of speakers you have connected but to the best of my knowledge, there technically is no 4.1 Dolby Digital.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 150
i beg to differ http://www.creative.com/speakers/config/4.1/

Silver Member

Post Number: 514
You may, but you are wrong. That is not Dolby Digital.

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 164
my point is that there is a 4.1 but go ahead and focus on the detail that makes you right

Silver Member

Post Number: 515
Furthermore, if you look at the site, it does not claim that the 4.1 system reproduces Dolby Digital. It does, however, make that claim for the 5.1 system. Read your own information before disseminating it in a manner that misinforms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 516
Detail makes a difference. It has nothing to do with me being right.

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 165
If it had nothing to do with you being right then you attitude towards my rebuttle would not have been supercilious. I have no quams with you my friend I just don't like making people who don't know as much as yourself feel exiguous. You were right as far as dd4.1 but my "point" is that there is 4.1.

Silver Member

Post Number: 517
Neither do I. Nor do I appreciate posters who do not respond to the specific inquiry or do so in a manner that is misleading. It's not too much to expect a specific answer to a specific question. If posters get upset when I give them a direct answer to a question, that's too bad. I'm not here to win hearts. I simply want to give the best answer I have to each post to which I respond. I trust you feel the same way.

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 166
I do , I also enjoy ruffling feathers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 518
I appreciate an honest man. Wish we had more of them in this forum Thank you.

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 169
I am curious as to what equipment you use though?

Silver Member

Post Number: 519
Joseph, with all due respect, I'm not in the habit of discussing what I own or don't own with strangers. The few times that I have mentioned specific pieces of equipment were necessary to address an inquiry regarding such items. Furthermore, I just don't discuss or brag about the stuff I own. I find that sort of thing unsavory. Sorry.

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 179
ok man , your on here all the time speading your knowledge about electronics and I just wondered what type of equipment you used. No harm no foul, but I don't believe that being proud of what you have acquired is considered being insipid when it is between people like us. Sorry to have flustered you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 521
Joe, you may be right: "I don't believe being proud of what you have acquired is considered being insipid when it is between people like us". At least I'll give it some serious thought. Thanks a lot for your perspective.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 669
I have an early 1980s rocking Sony boom-box in my garage.

Does that count for anything??

BTW, it still works great and I crank it every spring when I clean the garage.

If I ever retire my Cerwin Vegas, I'll hook them up in my garage with my old amp.

Heh.......I'll really be rocking then!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 532
Paul, thanks for lowering the quality of the discussion and your feeble attempt at humor.

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 184
I used to be a huge supporter of all that Sony made, especially in the 80's when I was a youngin'. It seems to me that Sony has been slipping as of late in many areas of their products. I still like my dvd player, but all amps, speakers, tv's, car audio, and others do not seem to hold a candle to other entry level and reasonably priced electronics out there. That's my two cents.
I used to love my Sanyo boom box back in the 80's .

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 682
Sony used to rule the electronics world. They were at the leading edge of everything....

The sony trinitron
boomboxes
the walkman
cassette decks
turntables
camcorders

You name it, and they were in the lead and innovating.

Now days, they're the followers and innovate nothing.

Such a shame....really.

Silver Member

Post Number: 538
I guess that explains why so many tv stations and video production companies with essentially unlimited budgets seem to choose Sony for monitoring purposes. Sony still makes the best CRT sets on the market. When I say best, I mean the picture is the most accurate and life like. I challenge either one of you to find any consumer set with a HD picture that even comes close to the 34XBR960. You can't. Don't take my word for it. Read some reviews.

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 185
They choose Sony because Sony throws money at everything they can. They are the W*hores of the electronics world and most of those unlimited budgets come from (free for Sony) advertising. Although I agree on the xbr, it's design will be considered passe in the nest two years, and the drive to confute the 1080i barrier will render it obsolete. So just because they make a killer crt does not make up for the fact that, like Paul said, they are followers. They just happen to have all their feet through all the doors.

Silver Member

Post Number: 540
Joseph, I would have thought you were sophisticated enough to understand that nothing in technology is permanent. I'm talking about the here and now. I doubt you are prescient enough to know exactly what is coming down the pike in a few years. I think your circular argument is humorous. They have unlimited budgets donated by Sony, therefor they choose Sony products. Come on, you can do better than that. The fact is, professionals who care about video quality frequently choose Sony. Does Sony grease the wheels? Probably. The same could be said of all of the giant electronics manufacturers. I am surprised to learn that you actually think that money is the only reason professionals seem to prefer Sony. The fact that you agree on the XBR after essentially trashing Sony contradicts your argument that Sony follows. Who are they following if, arguably, they have the best set on the market? You have let your biases cloud your reason.

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 197
I am so piss*ed off. I typed for an hour on this friggin website and then lost all in the posting/preview area. Dale I really do like some Sony products, heck I own two that I love, but I do not think they are the best because tv stations and video production companies with essentially unlimited budgets choose them. I think you could probably meet me in the middle here on this one if I had not been guileless towards you with my ruffling feathers comment. Therefore I leave you with the last words hoping you could let your biases NOT cloud your comment.

Silver Member

Post Number: 541
Sorry about that Joe. I've done the same thing and it is immensely frustrating. I guess my point is that people who seriously care about video reproduction quality, frequently choose Sony. That choice is very instructive when you consider that they can buy whatever they want. Take care.

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 200
So anyway dale.....what kinda stuff you runnin?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us