Help placing speakers in wall

Username: Tyson_me

Ewingsdale, N.S.W Australia

Post Number: 1
hey guys and girls,
i'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to this stuff. i have set up a modest home theatre in one of the living rooms. i am now looking at hooking up my bedroom. i was looking at setting up 6.1 around with 2 floor standing speakers either side of my bed a centre above the screen, and sattelites around. then i thought about putting some of the speakers probably the floor standing in the wall or the roof. i need some help as to how to do this, what speakers to choose and what other stuff i will need. any links and helpful advice will be appreciated.

Harvey Wallbanger
Unregistered guest
When you say "putting some of the speakers probably the floor standing in the wall or the roof".. do you mean literally? As in cutting receses into the way and standing the speakers in them? If so.. bad idea! the speakers need space around them to 'breath' and don't like being enclosed.. harmonics and all that.

If you mean that you are looking to buy speakers specifically designed to be housed in walls / ceiling etc.. then yes, thats one option. You'd have to think about costs though. These sort of setups are really just for people who don't want the speakers to be intrusive in the seating area.. though I suppose that in a bedroom this might be a mute point?

Username: Tyson_me

Ewingsdale, N.S.W Australia

Post Number: 2
i will probably have to buy the specific wall speakers. what would happen if you took the speakers out of the loudspeaker box and put in the wall (bad idea?). do specific wall speakers have poor sound quality or sensitivity?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us