Which Home Theater cables are the best?

Username: Bobmcclune

Newark, DE United States

Post Number: 2
I recently purchased the system below...I realize that Optical sound and Component Video are the best for what I have, but DO THE CABLES REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE? DO I NEED TO UPGRADE OR WILL ANY DO? Any suggestions....?

I just recently bought a new home theater sound system. I wanted to go conservative, but still get good quality and sound.

I purchased all Harman/Kardon.
1. HK-AVR135
2. HK-DVD22
3. HK-HKTS8

In addition to these I have an xbox with Component and Optical Hookups, an RCA Scenium DVR and a Gamecube with Basic RCA Hook-ups. I am running everything through the Receiver to the TV through all 3 connections on the TV. I am looking to upgrade the wires. What are your suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Voriand

Post Number: 18
Suggestions
http://www.bluejeanscable.com/
or
http://www.knbsignalsolutions.com/

Stay away from Monster. Good cables but way overpriced.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 476
Do cables make a difference? Sometimes, depending on application and equipment. Should you upgrade? Same answer except you don't tell us what you now have.

Newark, DE United States

Post Number: 3
What do you mean...I told you what I have above?

Newark, DE United States

Post Number: 4
As far as the connections go...I have basic cheap connections right now...I am looking to upgrade to something better.

Silver Member

Post Number: 480
Nope, not before my initial post. You specified type not name brand or other qualitatively identifiable information. Otherwise your third post is absolutely redundant. The only thing you said that comes close is "Basic RCA Hookups". Read you own post and avoid going off half-cocked.

iknowitall
Unregistered guest
Dale please stop acting like an idiot. I have read several other threads on here and all you do is act like everyone is stupid, and that they don't deserve your input unless they state their question in the format you desire. SO IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HELP, THEN PLEASE KEEP QUIET!

THANKS!

Newark, DE United States

Post Number: 7
I second your comment iknowitall. I typed up a little thing for this JERK last night but I used expletives and it was rejected...and I lost my typing! I figured this peice of work was not worth the retyping! Thanks iknowitall! Dale...YOU ARE THE GREATEST!

Silver Member

Post Number: 487
Don't blame me if the question is unclear. If you want a specific answer, ask a specific question. For all of you dunces, my first post answered his question. You're the kind of guys who would shoot the messenger. Who are the real idiots here?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us