Speakers that match Pioneer VSX 1014

Username: Dwe

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I'm planning to buy a new speakerset together with a Pionier VSX1014 reciever.
The following speakers are in the running:
-Infinity Beta series (2x40,2x10,1xc250,1xsw10)
-JBL Northridge (2xE80,2xE20,EC250,E150P)
-Tannoy Fusion (2xF4,2xF1,1xFc,1xTs8sub)

Does anyone has experience with these speakers and could someone tell me which sound they will deliver in combination with the Pioneer?
Advice of any kind is always welcome! Thanks

Username: Santora

Post Number: 4
I have the Athena Micra 6 on that receiver. I like them a lot. How big is your room? This combo produces enough volume for my 15X22 room and at the highest level is way too loud to listen to, but I noticed that the first 30% of the volume level on this receiver is completely undetecable.
Anyway, I love this setup.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 133
I have the northridge series speakers run off a denon amp and for me they sounded as good as polk, sapphire, and others at that price range, they blew away the athena, yamaha, and other best buy speaker setups that I heard, (my opinion is that they get a bad rap because jbl is mostly used in commercial app.) Anyway I have a 7.1 setup with 6.1 decoding and enjoy music and movies with no harshness , little blooming (only on loud horns do I get minimal blooming) and wonderful bass extension. Use your ears all three of those setups would sound great.

Username: Santora

Post Number: 8
I have also heard the JBL's that Joseph mentioned and if you have the room they do sound better than the Athena's to me too. For a compact size spekaer you can;t go wrong with the Athenas though

Username: Dwe

Post Number: 2
Hi, the room is about 19,5x23. I'd like to buy large frontspeakers because I expect them to give a little extra when listening to music...
In all the tests that I've read the Northridge came out very well so I guess I'll give it a try for a listening session. Thanks for the advice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us