Lack of subwoofer on SACD

Anonymous

I am having difficulty getting bass from my subwoofer while playing an SACD and was hoping to get some advice/help.

I have a Denon-2900 Universal player and a Marantz SR8300 receiver. I use a digital coax connection to the receiver for DVD and regular CD audio. I simultaneously have the Universal player connected to the receiver via the 5.1 channel inputs. The subwoofer is connected to the receiver via the sub pre-out.

When playing DVDs or regular CD audio there is adequate bass from the sub, however when the receiver is switched to the 5.1 ch inputs to play SACDs there is absolutely no bass coming from the subwoofer.

Why would there be no bass only when playing SACDs?

As a novice to SACD I was hoping that someone could shed some light on my situation.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 309
I am assuming that you are using the 6 analog audio outputs...in the back of the player to the left corner you have your analog output left, right, center, surround left, surround right and the SW (subwoofer)channels.

make sure that they are connected to the back of the Marantz marked 7.1 CH IN. FRONT, SURR, CENTER and SUB W.

The you have to configure your receiver to accept analog inputs then use the 7.1 CH-IN button.

The Denon 2900 has one of the better Bass mangement tools...but you have access it during the set up of your player, in the audio set up menu. You can go to the menu and configure the analog and speaker outputs. There is an area where you can set the output on each channel. Check your manual to figure out how to do this.

cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us