Archive through January 03, 2005

Anonymous

Yah ok so im pissed too...i havent tried the system yet but im sure it wont kick axs like they said it would. The dumb thing was i felt like i was being scammed and i still went for it...I did however have enough sense to write down their license plate number. Here it is 38T LI5 or 38T L15...for Massachusetts.

upthebutt
Unregistered guest
they got me in North Carolinia today some guy named "snooky or soopy" bas**rd took $800 from me then had the balls to dig thru my cd's and take the ones he wanted just as i was driving away he ran back over to me with another speaker telling me "sinced he liked me" grab another $800 for 2 more (thank god i had no more $)the he demanded beer money WATCH OUT FOR THIS GUY HE IS A PRO never got a tag # or phone #

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1459
this thread has a life of its own, yikes!

Unregistered guest
Just so you all know, my trip up to Woburn Mass was a waste. They got kicked out of there and left no leads so if anyone has any idea where they are now, let us all know.

Unregistered guest
These two guys are here in Ft Lauderdale Florida as well, Was approached at the racetrac gas station on SR 84. Same deal as above two white guys driving a white escalade. Good sales pitch, they are pro's at what they do, so beware. Any others from this area get info on them please email me at Z1ZC@aol.com.

Username: Montrealca

Post Number: 1
DAmnnnnnnnnnnn, they are in montreal, Canada (more precisely in Brossard). I bought the speaker today.

pissed
Unregistered guest
They got me last week...paid 350 for the 5100. Little wiry f%@! and a short fat one. Went on and on about how great this system is..etc. They even wanted some "extra" money for strip club they were going to.

After I got home, I found this website...man was I pissed. Yesterday, I decided to go back to the same lot that they got me at. I was there for maybe 15 minutes, and sure enough here comes the same truck. I was in my car, and saw a different guy get out, so I thought it wasn't them....but then the same short, fat guy hops out of the passenger side and goes to the back of the truck.

I walked by them to get a better look, and the fat f%$# asks me if i'd be interested in speakers! He didn't even remember me!!! So I said yea I'm interested......leaned into it and clocked him as hard as I could in his face. He went down like a sack of bricks! His partner didn't even try to get involved. I took 300 out of his pocket (that's all he had). Told his partner that I would leave the speakers in the garbage, and he could take them back in exchange for the money i took.

Shorty was still KO'ed when I left.

Anonymous

im going to fu-king kill these as-holes if i catch them. Im going to rip out their hearts and eat it.

Anonymous

Here is the latest. Happened in Brookline, MA. The two where driving a Dodge of some sort...didn't really pay attention. One guy called me over and showed me an invoice where they were shipped 2 extra surround sound speakers by mistake and that they wanted to get rid of them. I figured I would listen, incase it was a good deal. They were smart, they showed me two systems one that was about 2K and another about $500. I told them I only had about $100's on me...they then asked if I hit up an ATM for another $100 would I be interested.
Oh, I also asked why they didn't just sell this on EBay or Craigslist and they said they would but that the boss shows up to the Install site they were headed to and that he would take them if he saw them.
Well, against my best judgement, I said if they waited 10 minutes for me to hop online and look up the info I might be interested. They gave me a link to www.theater-innovations.com which is apparently UNDER CONSTRUCTION. (They sure do have a lot of ends covered, even a partial website). After that site didn't work I googled Theater Innovations and found this site. The one guy (not the bald headed one) was looking at this site and presummed to tell me that this wasn't the same thing. I looked at the TITLE of the post and the box he was holding and the Product names matched. I told him I wasn't interested and good luck trying to get rid of it.

Not the smartest thing to do by offering to let him into my apartment, but 8 of us do live here...if they ever try and come back.

Bronze Member
Username: Hokievt

Post Number: 34
They won't come back. They'll just find another sucker...er, customer.

Ha bin criss!!!
Unregistered guest
250$ canadiens pour une paire de speaker TI-1250. C'est pas trop compliqué de faire baisser le prix suggéré inscrit sur la boite qui est de 1999$. Ces boites sont aussi remplies d'informations ridicules comme MP3 ou THX. J'pense qu'on peu pas trouver ce genre de performance pour ce prix dans un magasin. Ha oui, n'oublier pas d'écrire sur votre papier de garantie le mot "Cadeau", c'est ce que le vendeur vous recommande!

Big Fish
Unregistered guest
Hey "Ha bin criss!!" WHAT THE F_CK DID YOU JUST F_CKING SAY!?!?!?.................

Anonymous

I am going to find that american with the goatee and slice his ears off if anyone sees him please do the same.

Ha bin cris
Unregistered guest
----Big fish, I'll translate but you will see that I'm french-----. 250$ canadian for 2 speakers TI-1250. It is not hard to make the suggested price go down from 1999$. There is also other funny thing written on the box like MP3 and THX. I think that it is hard to find the same performance for this price in a store. And don't forget to write "Gift" on you warrenty paper, this is what the dealer suggest you.

Username: Rmjzach

Well, I guess I just jumped onto this band wagon! Just got taken for the TI-5100 series crap! ($260)
I didn't need the sh-t, I'm still kicking myself, cuz now I don't even have a place for a crappy, big theater system. The wife is already killing me! What sucked was that I didn't want the stuff for myself I figured I could sell it on Ebay for at least $50 bucks more than I paid, but really I would be lucky to sell it for $50 bucks shipping included. Then that would make me just like the jerks in the Van. Oh well guess I just won't feed the kids this week! Ha Ha

SSG
Unregistered guest
Whats the listing for these speakers?

Anonymous

Should have known... heard about the scam, but thought... stupid me it was different... anyway, a little info. this was today. it is a tan or off white dodge durango. Ma license plate 97AP34 2005 registration. if anyone finds out anything else please let me know...

Username: Rmjzach

Post Number: 2
The listing for my speaker system said $2999

Big Fish
Unregistered guest
Thank you "Ha Bin Cris" but in english the $ goes before the #'s not after...LOL Anyway these systems are complete garbage but what ya gonna do we are the a$$holes who fell for the scam...Who's laughing now, huh? Not much we can do about it now but there day will come.....

iill77
Unregistered guest
They got me today in Central Square in Cambridge- two dudes in a white astrovan with Virginia Tags. I just hope the speakers look good and have a decent sound; I knew within minuts of when they left I was scamed, its just that people get exited when offered a good deal and dont think things through - shame on us!

Name0900909009
Unregistered guest
I got screwed this week - downtown Boston. The guys were good - "I just installed these speakers in every Hooters in SW Texas!" Hilarious - live and learn. I guess I got mine - I just assumed they were stealing from their boss. Good times.

the latest
Unregistered guest
got me for $200. parked next to me sleeping in van when i came out. woke up as i was gettin in my car. there to install system in TGIFridays. had extra set, etc....
they asked if any good night spots in town, and said that i owed them a case of beer, and wanted extra money for a couple of lap dances.

bob r
Unregistered guest
$2999 my a$$...oh yeah, these guys were good. funny thing is i was just starting to look into a home theater systems, so i figured this is great but something about those guys i just didn't trust. one of them had these beady little eyes, and had the same grin on his face the whole time....but the other guy was doing all the talking, and he was real pushy...did'nt want to take no for an answer. after about 10 minutes of saying no thanks, i started to get pissed. a cop car was coming through the lot and i said let me ask him if he thinks this is a good deal, after that, they split......

I figured let me see if i blew a good deal, but found this site....now i'm really glad i didn't buy those speakers.

Anonymous

f****** wankers got me to today on A40 park royal
two americans as described by some of you above,
i paid £300 pounds and they are coming back for £100 pounds later tonight if system worked.
i will f****** f*** them up once for all for every one. so have your thanks ready for me.

Belbiv
Unregistered guest
I can't help but laugh. I just went through the same bit in Danvers, MA. 2 Hippie looking guys driving a gold van with New Hampshire plates. I paid $240. I will try to sell them the same way they sold them to me. I suggest everyone suck it up. As soon as I got home I researched the speakers and found this forum. $240 lesson learned w/speakers!

Username: Rcmm99

I knew there was something up when he asked me for directions and then showed me the products in his truck. Im pretty good when it comes to scams but i quess he got me good with the catalog. I ended up getting him down to $100 for the 6100 series. I should have gotten the dvd player that goes with it cause i cant hook it up the way i want it. Never seen a powered sub that has RCA hook-ups for each channel. This guy was white, about 300lbs, by himself driving a black newer truck maybe a trailblazer or something close. I also went to the ATM which he pressured me and never thought of taking down his plate #. Im from New Haven, CT and he hit me off in Hamden, CT. He also said he was from guilford and was a red sox fan. If anyone knows anything around my area please contact me. We are going to put a stop to this. Thanks.

EFH
Unregistered guest
All you guys whinning over loosing a couple hundred bucks are making me sick! They got me for $2500! Just gotta try to sell them, what am I gonna do, huh? I from East Haven, ct. they got me in Branford they were two white guys in a 04' dark blue chevy van. Found out they opperate right out of Wallingford, ct. but there isn't a damn thing I can do about it now I am the dum a$$ sucker who fell for the scam. So you all need to deal with it and look at it as a lesson learned.

those guysarefuckers
Unregistered guest
they just tried to get us to buy them in safeway carpark in Reading. the white van plate number was Y719UNV, incase that helps anyone

NHgirl
Unregistered guest
This keeps going and going! My boyfriend just bought the T5150 for $300 at the Seabrook NH Wal-Mart parking lot. Their story was that they install the home theater systems in people's houses and this one was returned. Like the other posts, they showed him the catalogue (lists for $2999!, WOW) and the sales receipt. Two southern white guys in a dark SUV with tinted windows. He is hooking up the system as I write. He probably wouldn't have bought it except he was going to the store SPECIFICALLY to buy a home theater system, so that's what he did....just not through the normal channels. I will try to update how this turns out, after I hear it for myself.

waldorex
Unregistered guest
I bought this ti-6000s from these 2 white guys in a tan minivan with MA plates here in Rochester, MN. they told me about the over load from the warehouse. I ended up with it for $150. I guess I'm not so disappointed seeing that it sounds better than just the TV.

i got punked
Unregistered guest
well, well well i gotta give it to theese mother fucers!their good! i just boutgh the ti 6000 s system for $150 .. not too bad compared to toher stories.but i tell you what if i ever see them their done . ill pop all their tires so they cant go nowere were right in public. i was at a 7 11 in sanford ,florida. i guess they migrate like little bithes! good story is i sold the m for 200 to a buddy of mine but after reading all theese forums im going to take it back and sell it for more , , , maybe 600 or 800 dollards . but hey i tried them they dont sound bad at all. they were driving a green suv same story had order 2 units they gave them 4 so they didnt want to return to the shop with the others , i guess they got me quiker because i didnt see the magazine or the other equipment. hey but here a tip "find out were they make the boxes from it has to be a major company called them and see who they sell it too " and go from there.

Chris B..
Unregistered guest
Well f me...this is just the cherry on top!! They got me so bad this weekend. Was at the Circuit City in North Haven, CT. I had bought a new dvd player, a ps2, & about $250 worth of dvds. I had just finished putting everything in my truck, and these two schmucks pull up in a new chevy van. Gave me the whole "extra set, boss will take them for himself, we need the money" thing. Showed me the ad with the $2999 price....then they say how those dvds I bought will sound great with these speakers, etc. I had about $400 on me, but said all I have is $200. After a bit of goin back and forth, we settle on $200.

While I go to pay the guy, the other one says the he will load the speakers in my truck for me. I give the guy $200, and then he says that I only gave him 180. So i tell him to count again, cause i gave you 200. He kept fumbling with the bills, took forever to count it. so I tell him i gave you 200 and thats it....he says oh yeah, two bills were stuck together, and apologizes. They get in their van and take off.

So I go to the back of my truck to check the speakers....and guess what....they gave me the speakers all right, but that little sh!t took my dvd player, ps2, and grabbed about 5 of the dvds I bought. He must have gotten them when the other one was keeping me busy with the whole "you only gave me 180" scam. I don't know how the hell I didn't see him with those boxes! He was good, I'll give him that.

I was like muthaf**ker!! I hop in my truck and take off after these guys, and saw them way down the road making a left turn, but by the time I got there, they were long gone. I guess you could say that I was a little pissed off. Lesson learned!

Ps- I had to laugh reading some of these posts though, cause they gave me the rap about extra $ for the strip club too.

canadianheat
Unregistered guest
Watch out Ottawa. I have a couple friends who have been approached by some of these guys selling this $hit. One of them who actually got fucked and bought the TI5100.

Phil Atio
Unregistered guest
MASS BEWARE!! A couple of skanky broads, skinny shits, one with wierd glasses, got me for 3 bills in Sylvan parking lot in Danvers. It sounds like they are around this area. Grey Expedition, newer model, with NH plates. They wrere talking about hanging at 10's in NH. Same story as above. Looks good. Have not tried the product. I hope it is not as bad as everybody says it is. For 3 bills, leason learned. Spent that on worse things in life!! Let me know if you find the little wh*%$@.

EFH
Unregistered guest
Hey Chris B.. I know the punk in the chevy van who stole your $hit and ripped you off. They got me for $3000 a month ago in Branford(I'm from East Haven) I have the short f_ck's cell phone # and I know where they opperate out of in Wallingford, ct. That is where the company is that makes the $hit they sell. I am going to call and tell him that the systems they sold me sound great and I made a $hit load of money off them and I need more systems, bring alot. Last time I bought everything on his van, he'll know I'm not f___ng around. And you know how the rest will go! You want in? I will wait for you. Leave your e-mail add or someway to reach you on this post.

Unregistered guest
Yeah, I paid 210 pounds sterling for 2x TI-1250, from that same Made In USA "Californian" guy... They got me at the Comet carpark in Reading, Berkshire, UK about a week ago. Haven't hook them up yet, livin' on a hope they actually work :P. They're not bad for looks though, but that deepshit white mini van once I spot it again will have my Calibra parked right up its a$$... Gotta perform on them my own home made Viva La Bam stunts :-)))

Chris B.
Unregistered guest
EFH,

Thanks for the info. I am gonna set up an email account, don't have one yet. I will post it as soon as I have it. I'm in....let's get these b!tch a$$es. We can make an appt with them, and roll up with mad headz. If I can't get my sh!t back, its their a$$.

Unregistered guest
Just been scammed in Bristol for a pair of Ti 1250's. Payed 200 quid for them, then checked them out on the net and found this site. Not happy. I don't know what came over me, think i was brain washed or something! Does anyone have any idea how much these things are actually worth? Can't believe I was so stupid...although they sound pretty good just f****d off I swallowed all their lies.

jswhite
Unregistered guest
Just got screwed in Birmingham UK for the pair of Ti 1250's. Two American guys in a white van, the usual story, one pair left over must sell quickly or they get no money for them etc. etc. One with long greying hair and goatee the other with long brown hair and like a burn scar on the right side of his mouth, both stupid s**ts but they fooled me so I don't know what that says about me! I had it coming I guess, a lesson learnt in the end. At least the damn things work anyway, so its not a total loss, until they go wrong, which they will undoubtedly do knowing my luck. It's a shame people can't read this forum before they might be fooled into buying. After I bought them the first thing I did was type "Theater Innovations Scam" into Google and this forum was the first page on the list! A lesson learnt I think, and as I'm a student it's going hungry 4 days a week now, till Xmas. Damn.

oxygen
Unregistered guest
Same again in Reading, Berkshire.
Exactly the same American and Long haired bloke.
£190 down the drain.

Anonymous

Same again in Birmingham UK. These guys are getting about. £170 down the drain.

Scammed in england
Unregistered guest
Same again in Southampton.I just bought a pair of TI-1250 for £150 and dont think they sound bad at all.Havent had them long so dont know if they will last.Oh well got scammed never mind.

speakerman13
Unregistered guest
OK..........first of all, let me explain something to the people who think that these guys are doing something illegal and who say they are now operating in this or that city or country. They NEVER say that they stolen, THAT would be ILLEGAL, even if they were not stolen. They tell you that there was a mix-up or overstock of equipment, which happens all the time in all kinds of legitimate businesses, i.e. a car dealer ad saying "we have too many cars on the lot" or "we are overstocked". Listen to some of those commercials sometime. It is called a sales pitch. Also, many other things are sold the exact same way (furniture, generators, tools, luggage etc), it just so happens that the speaker gig is by far the best and most profitable. The MSRP is established by the manufacturer and as long as it is in print in a major publication or on the internet, advertised for that price it is LEGAL! They operate in every city in the US, and many more cities around the world. How do I know all this. I am a speakerman and have been for 16 years. If you people would just go drive around and use the same pitch, you would get rid of them real quick, plus you actually might make a profit. My only regret in this business is that I never had an opportunity to be clueless and have someone pitch me and see what i would have done or see if i would have been able to get the money. We travel all over and have lots of fun and make a pretty good living too. I have had many repeat customers and some unhappy ones too, but all in all this business thrives because people want a deal. Some feel the deal was better than others feel. That is life. Don't be mad. Just chalk it up to life experience. Quit being so greedy and don't be so impulsive with your hard earned cash and you won't be here complaining. By the way....i also give everybody my business card, so they can call me or visit my office anytime. We are not hiding from anybody. Best of luck to you all, and to all the other speaker guys out there. STFO! and you know what that means.

FROST
Unregistered guest
Yo everybody from Sweden, congrats to all the proud owners around the world.....

Has anyone ever stopped to think that what we're actually selling is a bit of exitement?
-That you get speakers as well is just an added bonus-

Most people go about their lives in boring routines, get up at the same time, go to the same job, come home to the nagging wife, watch tv and do it all over again the day after....

Everyone that bought them here must admit that it was a fun experience doing something spontanious, (maybe less so now after finding out the deal..), and that after everything is said and done you can laugh at the whole thing (secretly of course).

The only ones that can be pissed off is the minority that bought multiple sets to make money, but here's a tip; rent a van and sell them like we did......Trust me, you'll sell them hehehe.

Everyone else bought a great story to tell their friends, some street awareness, (next time someone might actually try to scam you with something that doesn't work...)and a set of speakers that will last you for years. True, they're not worth £2000, but did you pay that?

I have been selling speakers for 11 years, and with a healthy economy I could buy whatever sound system I want....But guess what, I use what I sell (different brand, similar stuff) and have sold just about every friend I have because it's actually good stuff....just sold in a more ----hmmm--interesting way hehehe.....

Maybe getting these speakers for 200 - 1300 usd will open up your eyes to marketing in general, and save you money in the long run by being more cynical; or maybe you'll just punch me out in a parkinglot near you ;)

---To the greying mid thirties speakerguy in England, thanks for hiring me, STFO---

FROST
Unregistered guest
---To Chris B---

Whatever scum stole your gear out of the trunk deserves to be first beaten up, and then thrown in jail.

I've never worked with punks like that in the 11 years I've done this, but I guess those monkeys really thought they were -gangsters- .....

The opportunity to slam people has arisen many times; someone buying two sets and believes there's two in the box- is ready to take off with just one set for ex.

They always look surprised when you open the boot again and give him the second set (looking extremely sheepish knowing they could have been screwed big time)

----TO ALL SPEAKERGUYS---- WE CREATE THE ATTITUDE ON THE STREETS, DON'T BURN PEOPLE I'LL HAVE TO PITCH TOMORROW----

Cheers

Losai
Unregistered guest
Yo Frost, or is it Iceman??......

Just for the record, that greying speakerguy in England is no longer in his mid-thirties.

STFO........

Pissd Off
Unregistered guest
To all u f#ck wits that fink its funny goin round rippin people off. Well i'll tell u somethin, if i ever c u in that white transit van round my town again, me and my mates will seriously f#ck u up! Got ur number plate so that aint a problem. U make a livin out of f#ckin people over. Well thats just sick, one thing u lot dont know is the amount of people u've pissd off, and many like us want revenge! So watch youe f#ckin backs! If i ever c u again i'll put u in hospital and take u for everythin u've got! Twats

speakerman's wife
Unregistered guest
to pissd off - Based on your unmistakable intelligence, it surprises me that you were able to be "sold..." Reality is, you obviosly have nothing better to do than post empty threats that you are not man enough to follow through with. Get a life, and an education.....

FROSTED ICEMAN
Unregistered guest
Yo Losaii!!!

Yeps, the Iceman has been melting down to a mellow frosty dude these days hehehe....

Call me regarding the load ok? Obviously people love the product since there are so many posts here hehehhe........

And to the greying ponytail guy, get a haircut!!!!! Seee you boys soon....

Iceman

Anonymous

Hey all you suckers that got scammed. One of the idiots who scammed me for a quick $300 USD dropped his wallet during the sales and I found his number and called him and told him if I didn't get my money back for this scam i was going to get him. I got my money back and heres to the rest of you. 978 -790-5438 his names Dave. I recommend you people do the same.

vo reppin mantown
Unregistered guest
hataration mutha fuckas dooooooods you bought it out of a truck and tha speakers r freakin sick for what u pay for them dammit relax ( oooo im gonna beat up tha speaker guys cause i bought a really nice system for 200 bucks GET A FU#KIN LIFE ) its our job thats how we live fu#kin cok roaches

Anonymous

Thats soo funny my sister got scammed! lol she came home and was like screaming oh-my-god i got the best deal ever!
she got it from the 2 americans in ealing
CANT WAIT TO TELL HER TONIGHT!!!
i think she paid £70 but they asked her for £150!
AHAHAHAHAHA!
dosxxx

Username: Jamdonner3002

I got hit about 4 days ago by two American guys in a White Van. This was in Manchester just as I was making my way back home from College. The f*ckers stopped me and told me about this great deal. They said that they'd sell me a 800 Watt home theater for £300 which should be $2500 back in the States. Then showed me wad of cash, that other customers had paid. Me being an absolute fool accepted their offer but found I only had £100 in my account. They claimed that I could sell it on ebay and make a profit, yeah right. NO ONE is gonna put a bid in for this. I have'nt tried it out yet, so dont even know if it works. Just gonna have to hope. The first guy was small and chubby with brown hair, looked pretty trampy. The Driver was some annoyin b*stard who would'nt shut up, he had long grey hair in a pony tail and a goatie, quite tall and stocky. I just hope this has made others aware. If anyone has any info on these guys or their location please contact me on jamodonner@aol.com Me and my mates would love to have a friendly chat with them.

Anonymous

You guys are stupid that keep calling Dave. For one thing do you really think he gave the money back after this all happened just think about how people who scam people work. Why would the guy drop his wallet? His friends just posted this to fck with him and it seems to work because you idiots keep calling.

Jimmy Dean
Unregistered guest
BEWARE THEY ARE JERSEY CITY,NEW JERSEY!!!

Well, let me add myself and my friend to the long list of suckers.

My friend came across these 2 guys who where selling these speakers for $300 but according to them, they are worth alot more on the website (theater innovations TI-1250 floor speakers) in jersey city, new jersey. these guys where selling these speakers out of a ford explorer sport and according to my friend, they claimed that these were "hi-end equipment". These guys were soo good, they actually had a glossy magazine as proof of how wonderful and yet again, "HI-End equipment" they really are. unsure to purchase them, my friend decides to call me up with the specs....so i quickly did a search with no luck. came across a few sites but nothing close to the model or the name brand. so i decide to go to the big guns and ask my friend who knows a bit more knowledge on "Hi-end Equipment"..the funny thing is, we came across this site but didnt bother to read the posts on theater innovation but we were too concerned on how they look like since the specs on it sounded pretty good. we eventually found the website and were impressed on how they looked..so we gave him the green light and told him to buy it....he was soo happy with the purchase ($200.00), the guy threw in as an added bonus a 3 year warranty! and a phone number from CT. they were nicely rapped and had the MSRP sticker price of $1,999.00. the next day i find myself surfing the internet for these great speakers my friend had bought. curious, i checked this site and read all the great reviews on this peace of sh#t that my friend had bought. lesson learned, "if somthing is too good to be true, chances are they're not" i hope they come to Brooklyn again, we'll be waiting for them.

Jimmy Dean

Unregistered guest
LMFAO..go figure. I consider myself a fairly smart guy. Was skeptic about the deal of course..more worried they were stolen than anything. Figured they were gunna be WAY better than what I had and couldn't lose. Paid 300 for the 5100s..probably could have gotten them for 200 :-(

anyway..the place was Salem NH October in front of a bank..I am sure they were on camera at some point if it matters. Grey SUV. Ford i think liscence plate 122930 I am willing to bet it was a MASS plate. Salem people arn't smart enough to do that kind ofthing LOL just kidding haha.

But don't beat yourselves up guys..you took what information you had and you made decision you thought was good..life goes on. Those guys eand their money or should I say OUR money fawkers hahaa.

They told us they needed money for the Red Sox parade and that was cheep...but that it was an overstock deal and they even falshed receipt i didn't look closely at.

Gunna hook them up now..sure don't think I can sell them unless i know they work GAK. Wish me luck.

still-digs-own-grave
Unregistered guest
Hooked them up and the buzz from the Sub/processor was nasty. Better cable helped alittle but fk me. and no receipt to take advantage of the warrenty. Why do they have to do business this way? Pu55ies.

The floors and center arn't terrible. I may bring them to an audio professional and se if we can fix that buzz. It would be worth a few bucks to fix it. If anyone has a definative fix please post.

For those who want justice i say go for it. The whole thing is cowardly if you ask me.
Liscence plate was deffinatley 122930 not sure what state I assume Mass. Dark Grey Vehicle

Guy said his name was Mike. Scruffy looking. Said they were installers and were over inventoried for a job and they were paid for so therefore NOT stolen.

Worked around Citizen's bank in Salem on Main street near a post office.

Good luck to everyone.

Anonymous

Anyone know how to fix the BUZZ? It's really my only problem with these things.

too bad they have to lie to do business..they could probably make a LOT more money if they struck a deal with a good retail chain.

I like the word "coward" used by digs..perfect!!

Pissd Off
Unregistered guest
To Speakerman's slag of a wife, Dont talk to me about education when you cant spell 'OBVIOUSLY' correctly you illiterate cow! Ive got more education in my little finger than you have altogether. Send me your address and we'll see how empty my threats are... :-)

Buzzing
Unregistered guest
i may need to look into this further but this problem is usually a grounding issue, all subwoofers can hum if they are not grounded properly. try running a piece of wire from your sub and/or the receiver ( there is usually a thumb screw for an am/fm tuner antenna ground, or you can loosen one of the assembly screws on the back panel and coil the wire behind it and re-tighten it.) to a solid piece of metal that is not part of the system, like maybe some metal shelving. another cause could be the RCA cables, try an alternate pair.

Buzz_gone
Unregistered guest
Thanx a lot to "Buzzing", your solution is work! Good Job!

Unregistered guest
well i dont really know if iv been cheated from what iv read. But i stupidly paid without checking the price, i could have brought a resonable spec sony system for the £200 ($370) i paid for the TI-6000s. Whats worse is that i got on really well with them and they gave me a lift to college i felt so secure i prob could have paid more. I know a fair bit about sound systems as iv set many up for freinds and myself but somehow the specs eluded me when i saw the high retail value stated in that magazine.

I live in the Kingston-Upon Thames area in London,England. Anyone else in Britain that have written in complaint email BBC watchdog - http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/ if enough of us complain it might air on national television and they might finally be sopped or atleast hit hard when no one will fool for their scam. well good luck to everyone in their on going life struggle.

UK Scania.
Unregistered guest
Thanks to this thread, I reverse scammed some little shite, who'd tried this on me A14 near Cambridge usual shite, quality speakers only £300 blah blah blah, kicked the crap out of him and got some cash of his "American" mate, justice!

I Doubt he'll be asking many truck drivers again....

brum fool
Unregistered guest
I was walking out of my university in Birmingham and a white van pulled up beside me.

This American man got out and said that he worked for a company called Theatre Innovations and said his boss had ordered extra speakers and no one knew about them.
He said that they where going to hide the speakers in a bush if I didn't but them.

This American man was so convincing talking about the speakers and saying that he was on an apprenticeship from America, whilst showing me a bundle of cash from other people he had allegedly sold the other 2 pairs to.

I said that I would buy them and he took me to the cash machine in front of university where I took out £200 of my university loan.

I thought that the speakers where proper original quality studio speakers, I even had a look at them, the alleged "black piano finish" swung it for me.

Once I got home I tried searching on the internet for these speakers but they did not exist. I then stumbled across this site where other poor people had been ripped off also.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/12407.html

I tried the speakers and they do not even work properly, there is a hall like echo and the subwoofer does not work.

I feel such a mug but what can I say other than, its only money!

If you would like to contact me to share your experience add me to msn gabrodhanjal@hotmail.com maybe we can search the country for these guys, lol ?

Anonymous

Guys, a friend of mine has managed to track the origins and a few details of this twisted company (official name 'Inplus')

Inplus
Corporate Officer
274 Lincoln Ave
Elmwood Park, NJ 07407
US
Phone: 201-723-6415
Email: lkarlsen@yahoo.com

Domain Name: THEATER-INNOVATIONS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Inplus
Corporate Officer
274 Lincoln Ave
Elmwood Park, NJ 07407
US

This L Karlsen could be a potential ring leader / manager of the company.

Unregistered guest
Heh, you know I was in the parking lot of target the other day (up in saugus) Guy waves me over about "I work for audio-web, and im selling some speakers" or some bull.

I figure WTF i could use new speakers (im a nut with the stuff.. always spend too much $$ on too much stuff)

Anywho I know what im doing / buying.. the guy goes "they go for 2500".. im "ok" can i see it?

I take ONE look at the box and laugh, tell him there not worth $50, he looks at me and goes "your a smart kid" and he leaves... he wanted like 500 for him.. i was LAUGHING my a$$ off..

Anywho, for 500 you can pickup a killer system, i got a nice set of yamaha speakers (6.1 of course!), they sound great, DTS audio sounds excellent on em, and i only spent a few hundred, there great.. just let the buyer beware i guess, and hope that nobody else gets suckered!

Anonymous

They're in Missoula Montana, some dude with washington plates in a white van.

Jonny Bravo
Unregistered guest
A friend of mine just bought some speakers to a similar story in Cambridge. What is wrong with the speakers? Why is my friend a sucker?

Unregistered guest
I've just bought this in London! SUCKERS. I'm a idiot :-(

Unregistered guest
it is 3 guys. 2 americans and 1 polish!
probably they will stay in london for few days.
How to catch them?? ;)
wiktorbubniak@yahoo.com

gotten
Unregistered guest
c'mon! can't believe that i fell for this. 2 guys approach me in the parking lot at K-Mart, and gave me word for word the same rap everyone here has heard. So I was not really interested, but the guy says you can make some money. He says he needs to unload them today so he will go cheap, and i could turn around and sell them for list price, make a profit.

fell for it, paid $200 for the 1250's. man i'm pissed. lissten up speakerguy, you know who you are (the one with the lazy eye), you got me this time, but i will be back at that lot every day looking for you, and when i see you, i will take the $200 back.....outta your @$$......good times.

Anonymous

Watch for them in Quebec city, they've tried to f*** me up,

I was perplex about the deal so I searched for some information and I found this forum.

I'm going to the police with that , hoping that they would be able to cath one of them.

chaosclone500
Unregistered guest
LOL good thing i looked online for this crap, the guy took a f***** check, so i just cancelled it....hah ya

Anonymous

ok so i got scammed. sad part is i bought them in june or july. still havent hooked them up. to much working i guess. lol. now i got gipped 8600 off of a job i did and i have a bunch of free time to poke around. figured i'd find out about these systems. bought it in mind for the gf. oh well they are sh#t. general concensious anyway. buzzing? look back a few and you'll find how to fix. quality? spend some more $ and it'll be ok. that from a post b4 june 6. feel suckered? me 2. don't worry they will get theirs. me you someone else no matter. hey it sucks, but so don't life. but a fuccing helmet.

Username: Barneyrubler1

They are in Leicester NOw They sold one to my for £200. bought from nere DeMontford Uni. today - 22/11/04

hadinfl
Unregistered guest
They are in central Florida now just in time for Christmas!! Sad that they felt the need to come to an area devistated by 3 hurricanes in 6 weeks.

Huntorbehunted
Unregistered guest
These dubs tried to get me tonite in Exeter NH.Two young guys in a silver mini van same story same system.But I wanted to check out this brand which they claimed were like Bose, yeah right.Same magazine crap too.While anyway they stopped my son in law in Epping NH same guys ,2 days before at the Mobile gas station same story.So be fore warned they're here.Also they left their cell number with me .Just post again and I"ll check back.Thanks to all who left their experiences.And BigFishYgn F_kk Off YOU know nothing.

Unregistered guest
Salut,
l'histoire est la meme; pour 450$, un gars en mini-van te propose d'acheter un systeme de cinéma maison qu'il aurait miraculeusement eu "en trop" en entrepot. Je me suis laissé tenté en espérant le revendre pour le triple du prix. En faisant des recherches sur internet pour trouver le site de Theater Innovations, je suis tombé sur ce forum a mon grand désespoir. J'ai testé le systeme mais il ya comme un ground qu'on entend tout le temps.Mais si je le branche juste sur un tuner il fonctionne.Si quelqun peut me donner une maniere de me connecter pour que ca fonctionne je n,aurai pas tout perdu, l'appat du gain c'est tentant. Montréal.

Leeds lad
Unregistered guest
I just did a google search on these speakers before purchasing them as the deal i got offered seemed too good to be true. Looks like it paid off by finding this forum ;-)

Was just about to part £350 of my cash for the TI 1250 floor standing speakers. They've even set up a website where these speakers sell for, wait for it....... $1999.99 in the U.S!!!

Heres the site http://www.theater-innovations.com/

and heres the speakers for $1999.99 http://www.theater-innovations.com/Products/TI1250/productdetail.htm

I tried adding to checkout to see if it was a scam and funnily enough, the checkout is still under construction.

Stay away at all costs eh!!

Unregistered guest
Just felt for it. They wanted $500 us... I just told them I only had $300. But wait. I did got the license plate of those selling here in Central Florida (around Florida Mall to be exact). Chicago license plate # 754-5681. Going to run the plate and find out who they are.

on_ebay_now
Unregistered guest
Hi to all
I am from the U.K. EBAYERS BEWARE!!
Just bought a pair of T1-1250's from EBAY. Probably from one of you lot above selling them on as genuine $1,999 speakers.
Only paid £80 so not too bothered. They look GREAT and sound OK. I will eventually replace the drivers and crossovers with Fane stuff when I have time...a bargain in my opinion even though it's a bunch of tw-its behind it.

Anonymous

got me in central florida near isleworth.Same old song and dance. Green suv two young kids. Lost 300 anyone find out where they are? I will get something back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
HI,
I got suckered into the TI 6200, they look awesome....paid 280.00 the speakers work but I don't know where the surround sound is. There isn't any way to hook it up. One of my friends said I need a special cable that plugs into the DVD then splits to six ends and plugs into the sub-woofer. Does that exist? Is there an easier way? Has anyone gone through this? Please help me....That's what I get for falling for the story line.

$Greedy1
Unregistered guest
Hey Losai and all you other speakermen - Are you guys hiring?

Anonymous

Scam? what scam. I paid £140 for the Ti6000s at Nottingham Uni, the guys were quite obviously not legit. But they took me to a cash point, before taking me home and setting it up in my own living room. It worked fine then and still does a week later. Lucky me...?

Anonymous

For those that are interested the guy is in Houston, TX working out of a silver Suv with the license plate of Z91-NJS because I fell for the scam. His is selling TI-1250. Luckily, I am only out $150. Have not hooked it up yet to see how they sound.

Anonymous

Yep, in nottingham area now, happend to me yesterday, keep an eye out, they like to hit universities

Unregistered guest
Well two days ago while walking near a best buy in Niles ILLINOIS I got taken for $300 for T6000
A couple skanky young ladies. one looked strung out. I didnt get an invoice but I thought it said SBC or something. Driving an SUV brown in color. Very convincing. I did not give them the beer money though...lol Any info on how to track them down in ILLINOIS please post thanks..........

Username: 92talonawd

I called L Karlsen at 201-723-6415 he was really scared this is a young kid around the age of 26 i would say by his voice. He denied owning the web site and said if i call again he will fiel a complaint against me. And then he continued denying and hung up the phone. Well i sent this story in to Fox5 News so they can investigate him.

Guys, a friend of mine has managed to track the origins and a few details of this twisted company (official name 'Inplus')

Inplus
Corporate Officer
274 Lincoln Ave
Elmwood Park, NJ 07407
US

Domain Name: THEATER-INNOVATIONS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Inplus
Corporate Officer
274 Lincoln Ave
Elmwood Park, NJ 07407
US

This L Karlsen could be a potential ring leader / manager of the company.

Mug
Unregistered guest
They were in Newbury Berkshire today. Can't believe i fell for it. same old story really, i was in a BP station and they pulled up and told me they had two extra T6000. I had a look at the system and it looked really good, so i bought it for £200, they wanted £400.Thing is i had a feeling they were Dodgy yet i still bought it.

Two Yanks i think they were, one of them gave me his mobile no. 0795894203 they said they were working out of Brentford London. Might give him a ring meet up and beat the s*#t out of him.

JONSTRONG
Unregistered guest
These f*ck heads are in MN right now, in the Brooklyn Park area. Was at TCF Bank and he asked if I wanted speakers, told him no, but looked to see what he had. He wanted $800 for a pair of TI-1250s. I talked him down to $100 for both and bought them, knowing it was a odd sale, but didnt care really. He was about 5 foot 9, fat, and stupid. he was shaking the whole time and had HUGE buggy eyes. I was like "isnt this illegal?" and he got all concerned. I hooked em up and they suck a*s, so Ill be van hunting for a while, beat some a*s and get some money back from him. He was driving a GMC Safari van, dark blue. I dont know the whole liscnece plate but the letters were BBW. If anyone sees this man or knows his whereabouts please contact me and I will beat his a*s
and get your money back too. Email- mcdathug04@aol.com Thanks and I hope this f*g dies!

Buy_my_speakers
Unregistered guest
Just paid £16.50 for some speakers off those speakers guys as I explained I worked for Dolby and that for laugh I would buy them for the real price, they throght what the hell and did so.
Selling them for $300 if anyone wants them

Anonymous

They are in Green Bay, WI today

skud
Unregistered guest
they were in Franklin MA today
3 guys in a truck, NH license plate
got suckered into the TI 6200 for 300$

Stop crying
Unregistered guest
HAHAHAHAHHAHA! Yea some crackheaded lookin kid stopped me yesterday on my way home from work, gave me the beer and strip bar story, and sold me the T1-5100 set for $250. And after about 5 mins of reading this forum, i made a phone call and agreed to sell it to some other chump for $700 LMAOOOOO, i dont know where u people come from, but im from New York and its a dog eat dog world, you gotta make a living SOME HOW right? So stop crying like a bunch of little girls, make some phone calls, and make a profit. Its like when u go to a jewelery store and they have a price tag for $4,000 on a item that theyd be willing to give you for $2,500. Its BUSINESS.
Get over it.

HE HE HA HA
Unregistered guest
Well i have had these Speakers (TI-1250) for over 4 months now and all is sounding good still, so i dont feel ripped off. Love laughing at all the unfortunate posts in here though. This thread is just going to go on forever, feel happy that you got them out the back of that van and not full price off their website like other more unfutunate people have done.

Anonymous

another sucker? maybe maybe not?
i had an encounter with these "white van men" and the guy with the american accent showed me the speakers, got them out of the packet and i thougth they look great!.
so i've never heard of theater innovations, who cares, ive had them plugged into a NAD amp and they sound really nice,
i paid £200 for two speakers
ti1250
i thought it was worth the gamble and came out on top, well done to the guys, they were real convincing fair play to them..
as for all the people on here complaining, do they sound ok?? coz mine do, hahaaha

sucker
Unregistered guest
Hey.. I'm in Ottawa Ontario. I just fell for this same scam. Got the T1.6000 for $500 bucks.
I did get one of the guys name and the license plate number of the van. It was a Quebec plate and they said they were from Montreal

Guy's name is Daniel Deveikis (i saw his passport)
the white van quebec plates is FY58949

billy big boy
Unregistered guest
iv scammed the lot of you dumb a$$ twats!!!!!my scam will go on forever because the world is full of idiots just like you lot!!!!!!im everso sorry but realy....out of of the back of a van!!!!!you realy are all muggs

Pissed Off in Chi-Town
Unregistered guest
Everyone,
They are in the Chicagoland area as of today!
I was scammed on one of the 6000-s system.
This squirrly b*tch & some punk!
I made her show me a drivers license , it was from Georgia, should have known!
I did get thier license plate # 502-3170
I told this b*tch I was going to get her if this was f*cked up! she swore everything was cool! I hope these people check this site because I have some connects in the Illinois Sheriff Dept. I am having those plates ran and am going after these two sh*t Heads! Gut these scum like dead fish!!
Crush, Kill, Destroy!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us