"clean" power bars

Username: Scottyw

Canada

Post Number: 4
I was wondering what everyone thinks about those "clean power" power bars specifically the Monster ones. Supposed to give you better audio and video.

Up here it sells for about $250-$350 cdn, not a small amount to pay for something if it does not make a difference. Is this a must have for a home theatre, or can one do without??

Just wondered what the rest of you thought. BTW Im pretty picky when it comes to sound and picture

thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Max190

Maryland Heights, Missouri US

Post Number: 14
Scotty,

Save your cash. Monster products are all over rated. It is just marketing hype. Buy yourself a decent well under $100 power surge strip.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 429
Not "all" are over rated but most are over priced. Steve has good advice.

Bronze Member
Username: Videoguy

Post Number: 86
I work with pro audio equipment and we use these things called "power conditioners" that are suppose to "clean up" the AC supply going to the equipment by monitoring the voltage and getting rid of unwanted interference coming through the AC line. Don't know if this Monster power bar does the same thing but it might be worth a try if you have money to burn, otherwise stick with the standard serge strip.

Silver Member

Post Number: 437
Dickerson's observations are useless because he doesn't tell you if the devices work: "power conditioners" that are suppose to "clean up" the AC supply. Stick with the advice of Steve S.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 116
i have the ht2600 powers upply with stage 2 filtering and I really did notice a diff in picture and bass from the sub when I first hooked this up

Username: Scottyw

Canada

Post Number: 5
thanks for the input guys, kinda what i thought, think im going to stick with my surge bar. thats alot of money for that filter, for very little if any improvement.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
Sorry I'm not as smart as all you geniuses, just trying to help, excuse me

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 555
I agree with many of the comments in this thread. My advice is to go to your local Lowes or Home Depot, and buy the best one in stock. Most likely, it will cost $50-$75 tops.

Silver Member

Post Number: 473
You're excused. Next time try answering the question. No genius required.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
Just to clarify the "power conditioners" that we use do indeed work. But I think using it for a simple home theater would be overkill since they can cost upwards of $100-$200 for the basic model.

Here's what we use:
http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail.tpl?waGroup1datarq=power%20conditioners&eqint_Ke yIDdata=38214&UID=2004112616570597&newproduct=T&itemNumber=PL-PLUSII%2001

Silver Member

Post Number: 479
Much better. Now you're cooking with gas. Succinctly answered the inquiry. Who can legitimately complain about that? Not that my opinion matters, but good job.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
Thanks, my apologies for not answering the question in my first post.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us