How do I 'unlock coax' for full multi channel surround

Username: Fellaw4

LondonUK

Post Number: 1
Have recently moved, and have therefore had to set up my home cinema system again. Am running a Sony DVD DVP-S735D attaced to a Sony AV Receiver STR-DE585 - conected with both an analogue and a digital coaxial cabel. It works using the analogue setting, but only gives the basic surround or 'theatre, concert, hall, etc' settings - not full multi-channel 5.1 or DTS. When I set the input to 'coaxial' it says 'unlock'! Have tried going through various settings on the DVD player, but nothing has worked so far.

Can anyone help?

Thans,

Mark

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 500
You might want to ask this question in the DVD player forum for better results.

Unregistered guest
Well I didn't know how to set mine up for my system either until I looked at the manual for the receiver and dvd player. I had to assign the input I wanted for digital on my receiver and then setup the dvd player on something not pcm though that basically means stereo.

Bronze Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 30
Mark, have you read the manual, trouble shooting!

It may help you out on this, plus have you tried the optical digital output on the Sony DVD player.

I also have a DVD player not the same model, and not with the same problems, that are strange, it's like they don't want you play it!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us