Losing my mind over connections!!!

Username: Chaoticcables

Post Number: 1
This has got to be the day that someone will tell me (a grandmother!!!) how to connect the following components before I tear the rest of my hair out. Several people have tried to make this all work together but it ends up with only 2 or 3 components operating. This is what I have: Sylvania 27" TV; Comcast/Motorola Dolby Digital cable box; Kenwood A/V Surround Receiver VR-507; Toshiba M-622 VCR; Panasonic DVD/Video CD/CD Player RV-31; Sony 5 DVD/CD Changer/ Bose Accoustimass 5 speakers. I was told all of this could work from 1 universal remote. Help me put this together before my grandsons arrive Wednesday. Thank you so much.

Unregistered guest
Hi
It's probably been answered before but I couldnt find it. I need help to hook up a system ...
1. I have a Liteon LVW 5045 DVD Recorder (It has an MF out, RF in coax / AV Input, AV Output, Comp Out (All Red, Yellow, White) / SVideo and Optical Out)
2. Phillips VCR VR3442 (quite old) which has just ANT IN, RF Out (Coax) / Audio, Video IN/OUT (both white, red only)
3. TEAC Widescreen TV which has 2 x SCART, ANT Coax and Comp (red/white/yellow).
4. FOXTEL Digital Receiver which has 2 x SCART, 2 Coax (ANT and TV?), another Yellow connection and the cable connection to the provider
5. SONY STR-DE595 Receiver which has every connection known to man.
6. A normal antenna connection to the roof.
7. A 5.1 surround sound speakers with non active sub woofer.

How on earth do I hook these up so that I can watch cable TV whilst taping free-to-air or reverse, record DVD off the VCR/TV/cable, have the sound via the receiver using surround when applicable.

I have had a go and got precisely nothing to work so far except the AM/FM radio on the receiver.

Please help.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us