New to forum and i need some help

Username: Scottyw

Canada

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone, I'm new to here and im sure glad there is a place like this. There is a ton of info here. I'm kind of new to the whole home theatre business, but i do know a bit i guess, but i'm having a problem. Here it is....

I have a Denon 485S AVR and I wish for everything to go through the reciever, so i don't have to keep switching the video on my TV remote. I have a Sony 50' LCD Rear Projection 50WE620 I believe.

I have been able to get my DVD which is also a Denon (component /monster video2), My Satellite reciever (RCA/no component available), and my PS2 (Monster RCA). However i still have to switch videos to use my DVD as my DVD has component video directly into TV on seperate video (eg. 4) and my PS2 and Sat are on video 5. my receiver is currently on video 5 via its (RCA monitor out). I have sound when i switch my receiver to DVD, so the issue is the video, and obviously i have none because its on a seperate video source from everything else as i have said.

I thought I could solve this problem and i bought another monster video2 cable. I ran my current cable from my DVD out to my DVD in on my reciever, and ran the new monster cable from my component video on my TV to my component monitor out, and still I have no picture.

I can't figure out what is wrong, is there possibly a setting i have to adjust, I have been trying for a few days now and have had no success, so any help or advice that anyone can give would be awesome right about now.

I just want to be able to use one remote and be able to switch through everything on my Denon AVR.
As my reciever has RCA, S-video, and component monitor out. I thought all i would have to do is use a comp. vid cable from my AVR to my TV...viola would be able to switch through everything via my AVR.

again this is how i'm currently setup....

On video5...
DVD video to direct TV (component)
DVD audio via optical input to AVR

On video 4...
PS2 to AVR
Sat reciever to AVR
TV monitor to AVR monitor out via a video cable

Hope this makes some sense....lol.....to someone, tell you the truth im a little confused...but again thank you everyone for your help. Maybe a pic would help, let me know...thanks again!!

Cheers,

scotty

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 110
if you run component then you cannot get an s-video feed through that component line, visa versa. try getting a remote that runs macros . this will get you where you want to be with out buying expensive switchers that convert signals

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 111
or get this http://www.audioauthority.com/techdocs/1154amanual752461.pdf for about 160 and upgrade all to component (ps2, get hi def cable/sat and this box will sense and switch automatically

Username: Scottyw

Canada

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the help Joseph, but i'm not currently running an S-video along with my component at the same time, sorry i was confused at what i wrote too...lol. All I should need to run from the TV would be component cable to my AVR right?

I have Comp cable from my AVR Monitor OUT to my TV video IN, and everything else run into my AVR, but for some reason I can switch through everything and I even have sound on my DVD but no picture. DVD to AVR via another comp cable, and PS2 via monster, and Sat receiver via RCA's.

I just can't get a picture out of my DVD....Is it maybe a setting, or a cable or AVR problem??

Again Thanks,

Scotty
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us