Home Theatre but no "true 5.1" supporting devices

Unregistered guest
Hi, I have recently brought a 5.1 theatre system but don't have any compatible devices to utilise it fully, what's worse is that the receiver only takes 6 RCA inputs, not digital.

My stereo has 3 RCA jacks for L/R surround and subwoofer - are these suitable?

Things like my Sky Digibox, GameCube, DVD player only have 2 RCA phono connections.

Any suggestions??

Thanks
Kev

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 299
what kind of 5.1 system is it? I haven't heard of a "5.1 system" not being digital unless it takes 5.1 analog.

Unregistered guest
NEED HELP W/ MIX AND MATCH HOME THEATER SET-UP.
I have a Zenith MTS Stereo TV W/PIP, Surround Sound, ant./cable 1+2 inputs,Video 1, Video 2 inputs W/audio, 1- S-VIDEO INPUT, 1- audio output and a RF loop out to decoder and 1- Video 1 loop out on the rear of the set.
My stereo is a Sherwood RV7050R A/V DSP Dolby Pro-Logic Receiver W/ just composit A/V IN/OUTPUTS.
My VCR is a HI-FI Stereo W/ composit A/V IN/OUTPUTS.
And I just bought a CyberHome DVD Recorder W/ every kind of digital A/V in/output avl.
My question is how do I hook up the DVD Recorder to be able to record a PPV channel and watch another?(PIP) or record from my VCR to the DVD recorder? Should I connect the DVD to the TV W/my one S-VIDEO or to the Receiver W/ composit.
Also I have a Motorola DCT2244/1161 STB digital cable, And would like to know the best way to connect it to the VCR and Receiver using all the A/V Composit cables, also to DVD or TV.
Is there any way to use the (RF) Loop out to decoder or the Video 1 Loop out W/audio.
I am totally confused with all the different ways to connect this system, All I want is recording options good sound and video with what I have.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us