TV sound through Home Theater

Username: Scale

Post Number: 1
I have an Onkyo tx-sr502 and the fluance sx-htb speaker set. My tv is a sony wega 27 inch. It has 2 audio outs on the back of it and you can switch to have the audio travel through these outputs. My question is where do i bring them in on the reciever.

About the only thing i have left is video 3 which is on the front of the unit or the TAPE inputs on the reciever.

Can i bring these outs into my tape input and run my sound for my tv through that to listen to my tv channels through my audio setup without having to use my tv speaker??

I am confused where to hook these outs up on my reciever. What have others done with the wega tv?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2896
You can look through this
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/113395.html

Username: Em69

Post Number: 8
I had the same problem (no sound through amp for TV) however not with a Wega TV.

I turned the TV speaker to OFF through the menu, but you still need to turn up the volumne button on the TV. Then you get the sound through your receiver to speakers.

Post Number: 3
did you go with the fixed setting on the wega or did you use the variable and turn the tv all the way up?

I found both produce about the same volume level. The volume seems really low compared to dvds and the tuner. You still have to crank the audio volume way up on the receiver to get good sound.

Too bad they dont build an inline amp that you can put in between the tv and the reciever....of course maybe they do and i just havent found it yet.

John G
Unregistered guest
Anyone have a solution to this? I have the 32" version of the TV and face the same issue....I have to turn the receiver to like 50+ before i can hear anything through the speakers.

John G
Unregistered guest
Anyone have a solution to this? I have the 32" version of the TV and face the same issue....I have to turn the receiver to like 50+ before i can hear anything through the speakers.

John G
Unregistered guest

Username: Em69

Post Number: 9
50+?? Yikes...I do not have to turn my volumne up anywhere near that much and I get plenty of sound through the speakers. I guess it is a problem with the Wega.

John G
Unregistered guest
dont think its TV specific, no matter what TV I use the sound is low. I mean the sound from the AM/FM tuner is great.... its just when the feed from the Cable box to the TV then to the reciver it sucks. Ive used diff cable boxes with the same result. Could I in turn put an amp as shown below?

CABLE BOX------TV--- AMP? ----Reciver

Thanks

Post Number: 4
ya your telling me. Ive tried a few things. I have not tried an amp between my tv and reciever. Let me know if you do and how it it works out for you. I could get another cheap reciever/amp just for this purpose if i knew it worked well.

John G
Unregistered guest
Can anyone tell us if this would work?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us