Xbox to my coaxial Digital Input?

Username: Strngboy

Post Number: 1
I have an Xbox and would like to connnect it digitally to my HP Media Center PC, with a Realtek soundcard that has a digital input -- coaxial. I was thinking that I could connect -- via a optical to coaxial converter -- my Xbox to my PC to receive true 5.1 sound. Is this possible??? Would I need any software to make the sound come from the digital in -- currently the digital in is not allowed for playback but for recording? Just wondering.

Username: Dale_hopkinson

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England UK

Post Number: 5
Get a optical to coaxial convertor to connect it.

If the PC can playback live sound from the coax input it will be fine, if not, you'll have to somehow make it so. Maybe by using some recording software that will play you the input whilst recording?

I know if you get a creative card it will work, thats what i use.

Post Number: 2
Hello all. I decided to just get the Creative DDTS-100. I found a nice cheap deal for it at Ebuyer.com, so I took the chance. Thanks for all of your help. Have a good one.

Username: Dale_hopkinson

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England UK

Post Number: 6
Excellent choice!

Thats what I have, its taking my Xbox, PS2, PC, TV and MCE flawlessly.

As a finishing touch, it then sends the output to the Creative Gigaworks S750! These are amazing speakers (as far as I know, they're still officially the highest powered PC speakers you can get).

Post Number: 3
Yeah, I figured I could hook the DDTS decoder up to my Creative speakers, my pc, my digital cable box, my Xbox, and Gamecube all at the sametime rather than merely having one use for my speakers. Now I can truly have a home theater system at a fraction of the cost. Have a good one!

Unregistered guest
Hi there, i am using an ATI Radeon 7000 graphics card with video capture capabilites. Im trying to film a montage with it, put i find that whist trying to view the xbox input in the ati TV software, my movements from the controller are delayed by at least 2 seconds, making it impossible to play on it. If anyone knows ANYTHING about the ati cards and the problem i may be experiencing, post a link or try to explain what i may do to fix this problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us