Digital Coaxial to Analog L and R audio

Username: Kjfirnstahl

Post Number: 1
I want to play DVDs on my 5.1 surround sound system but my TV has a built in DVD player so I cant solve this problem easily. my TV/DVD combo only has a surround sound "digital coaxial audio out" (the orange plug). My surround sound system only has analog L and R (red and white) outs. as far as tv goes, I have sattlelight so i can connect the audio directly through the sattlelight box. Is there any way that i can watch DVDs with surround sound w/o having to buy a seperate dvd player and bypassing the built in dvd player? I really dont want to have to do that. is there such thing as an analog to digital converter?

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 328
Sounds like you need digital to analog if you intend to send a digital signal to a receiver with analog inputs only. Yes they make such devices and some of them are outstanding, frequently used to connect digital out of CD player or other devices to preamp. But unless you can find a deal on a used one, it might be less expensive to purchase an av receiver with a digital coaxial input. You'll need to do some checking.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us