Need Help!!! Hooking recevier to active subwoofer

Username: Belunt

Post Number: 1
I'm new to this (never done it before, you were just like me at one stage of the game) as far as hooking up a surround sound set up. I'm going to break this post down into two objectives: where I'm at so far & what I want to do. Alright with that said I've recently bought a 5.1 surround sound speaker setup (Theater Innovations TI-6000 700W) with active sub-woofer. I've also gone out and purchased a 600W 5.1 receiver (Sony STR-DE595) thinking of course I'm going to need one for my setup. Now here's my problem how do intertwine these two products active Sub & my receiver keeping in mind the Sub has connections on the back for (I apologize that I couldn't find a photo for the Sub-Woofer Connections):
-5.1 CH INPUT
-AUX
-SPEAKER OUTPUTS (L,R,CEN,LS,SR)

Now the Sonys Connections:
http://www.onecall.com/PID_19368.htm#SuppliedAccessories(a site with specs for the receiver)

By the way this is the T.V I'm going To: CT-27SL13(http://www.onecall.com/PID_19221.htm#Specifications)

Now I want to hook a DVD, VCR, Video games & Computer sound card to this setup how can I do this with both the receiver & active Sub setup or am I just defeating the purpose of the active Sub by using the receiver. I apologize for the some what longer post but I didnt want to leave anything out as far as information goes. Any Thoughts would be more than appreciated
-Belunt

Username: Salemdoom

Post Number: 4
does the active sub have left and right connection on it?
some times they have, this may hold the key to end all your strife.
Doom :-)

Username: Belunt

Post Number: 2
Yes on the sub it has AUX (L,R)(doesn't state whether it is in or out) next to the 5.1 CH INPUT almost in that box why what can I do with this.

Username: Johnman

Post Number: 1
Use a single RCA line (male to male) along with a y-adaptor (one female into two male).
Plug the single RCA line into the sub out on your sony. Plug the other end of that line into the y-adaptor. Plug the two male ends of the y-adaptor into the L/R jacks on the sub.
(The speaker in/outs on the sub are for use with a reciever that has no sub out.)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us