Kenwood Listen-Modes do not work. HELP!!!

Unregistered guest
I just bought a Home-Theater set: Kenwood HBT-S500 (which includes a KAF-S500-Ampliefier and 4 boxes + 1 SW). I have this System connected to my Pioneer DVD-Player DV-464-S (192KHz, 24bitDAC) via a fiber-optical-cable and to my Plasma TV (Pioneer Plasma PDP-434HDG); both of them I bought recently in Japan. When I listen to Music-CDs I CAN select nice Listening-Modes such as: Movie, Music , Pro Logic, Cinema, Music, Arena, Jazz-Club, Stadium, Disco, Theater...
When I watch Movie-DVDs (e.g. DVD: NTSC, Dolby Digital, DTS, 5.1ch surround) I DON'T have all these "Listen-Modes" available.
I only have 2 Listen Modes: "Stereo" and "Dolby-D" and the quality is much much worse then palying Music-CDs with all Listen-Modes! :-(
Please let me know why is that? The sound from Movies is thus very different (worse) then listing to Music-CDs.
If I switch on my DVD-Player "Dolby Digital > PCM" I now can select on the Kenwood-Amplifier all the Listen-Modes, but the Audio-quality might dropped?
What is the problem? Please help me!!

Best regards
Astrid Vogelwedde, Mrs.

Unregistered guest
Try pressing the "input mode" button under the volume knob until you come to Full Auto. If that doesn't work make sure you have your DVD player setup up correctly. If that doesn't work, read your manual again. If you don't have on in Enlish let me know at joebroke@hotmail.com and I will try to help you more.

Anonymous

my samsung ht-dm 150 stays in standby mode for the past one week. i tried keeping it unplugged overnight ans plugged it in back again but didn't help. when i press power or any function on the remote or the unit, the power indicator turns of for 5 seconds comes back again to standby mode but doesn't power on at all.

anyone else who might have had this problem, please post any solution to this problem you might have.

thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 417
check the speaker wires for any short.

pj
Unregistered guest
Astrid your Kenwood receiver does not have the abilty to let you listen to the DSP modes your receiver has. Only Yamaha and a few others brands can let you mix the Dolby Digital with an DSP mode like concert hall or jazz club or stadium. those DSP modes that Kenwood have are only for analog sources not digital sources. plus the kenwood dsp's sounds terrible compared to Yamaha's DSP modes, which BTW they invented back in 1986!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us