Best 5.1 surround sound system for under £200

Bronze Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 85
I'm interested to know which is the best surround sound system for under £200. If I was to get a surround system it will be connected with my computer probably with a Creative Audigy 2ZS. I currently have a very old set of analog 4.1 cambridge soundworks fps1000 speakers and I dont understand why the soundcard is digital (i think) and the speakers are analog??
But anyway, take for example the Creative Megaworks 550 5.1. The subwoofer size of that is very big and would take up a lot of room under my desk. Note I will be placing the subwoofer pretty much in the corner of a room. Also the satalites I've noticed would look stupidly big on my wall. This system is very powerful-500 watts and costs £175.
Now if I look at a more sizeable surround system say the Creative P5800, thats more the size Im looking at, or a size thats in between that and the Megaworks 550s.
I will be using them mostly for music and surround systems are designed more for use with moveis and games. Any suggestions on a more professional surround systems other than the creatives ive mentioned?

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 195
Try CNET.com for reviews and recommendations. But you should ultimately take a listen if possible.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
Ive definately already had a good look around cnet. I clasify it as one of the best and most useful places to compare stuff. Thanks anyway Dale.

Username: Justme

Coats, Nc Usa

Post Number: 2
Hi Jelvis
have you tried http://www.ncsave.com
they are having a sell on speakers now (4-08-05)
on Canyon Audio Series 310-tscb 5 Piece Home Theater Loudspeakers
check them out before you buy

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
Lucas, thanks for the help but shipping is only in America, I live in the UK! Im actually probably going to get some bookshelf speakers and hook them up to my pc instead now! Ill keep in mind that surround systems are very easy to set up though because it doesn't include difficult wall-mounting like I'll have to do if i get my bookshelfs! Its a very difficult decision at the moment...

Anonymous

Yeah Klipsch multimedia 5.1 with THX is a good system that you can maybe find on ebay for around 200 i have them and use them for movies/games/music and they are awesome not to mention i have a audigy 2 soundcard and a ati radeon 9800 128mb gphiccard!!

Anonymous

Heres what they look like including specs:
http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=372&s=specs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us