Confusion with Dolby Digital

Reise
Unregistered guest
I admit I'm a layman here, I have no clue whats happening and I need help.

I purchased Samsung's Rear Deflecting Surround Sound (product# HD-DS660T) set of speakers and DVD player. I wanted a different set but they were out and I was impatient.

Basically my situation is that I have 3 speakers, one center and two others each with a subwoofer, and 2 speakers in them. The probelem is that I notice missing sounds from movies I've watched quite a few times before. And some sounds that sound way off in the backround. Everything coming out of the center speaker always sounds great, especially if I turn on 5.1 Super Sound.

The only way I can fix it, seems to be turning the center speaker off, but then its still not that great.

I've read through the entire manual, and Samsung's website, and I've tried every different setting on the menu and nothing helps.
Anyone care to shed some light on this problem.

Oh yeah, a specific problem is that a shotgun in any movie, never makes a "BANG" noise, ever, no matter what movie.

Reise
Unregistered guest
Can anyone help?

Aaron S. Miller
Unregistered guest
I just red through the manuel on line as well.. Arggh.. Person who wrote that needs to be fired..!!!

Anyway, the only thing I could think of, is to check the wiring on the speakers (Which I'm sure you already have).. Depending on how they have it set up, it sounds like maybe the front/rear connection could possibly be switched?

I'm just making a guess here.. Something to try..

Username: Goanstud2

Dubai, Dubai UAE

Post Number: 1
I am planning to buy A\V system.I have gone through few models of harman Kardom,denon,Yamaha & kenwood. My main purpose of buying system is for music. Now want to know which combination will give me the best sound for music and as well movies effects. I would appreciate if someone can suggest me anything good within my budget of $ 820/- with speakers

Aaron S Miller
Unregistered guest
My suggestion would be to go and listen to multiple types of equipment/speakers at your local stereo shop.

You can take a look at Best Buy/Circuit City they have a pretty decent amount of systems there..

If your looking for something decent.. A good Yamaha reciever and the Klipsch Quintet seriers don't sound too bad for music/movies.. However if you are looking for a bigger sound, you may want to spend a little bit more money. But only your ears will tell ya..

Username: Dataman

Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk United Kingdom

Post Number: 1
I have a Panasonic DMR50 DVD recorder connected via 21 pin Scart to a Toshiba surround sound digital TV - when watching normal terrestrial TV, TV volume levels are around 25 (of 100) but when watching a DVD I have to wind the volume up on the TV to over 50 for the same sound level, I find that the dynamic sound range swamps any speach making DVDs hard to listen to no matter how I adjust relative speaker levels. Any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 559
Reise,

If you only have front speakers, you'll probably want to stick with 2 channel stereo.

I suggest buying surround speakers so you can take advantage of 5.1 surround.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us