Speakers next to TV

Username: Givemeboost

Post Number: 1
Hi, I'm just worried about placing large speakers next to a TV. I currently place my speakers right next to my tv, and im scared that it would ruin my tv. Would any1 be able to give me some guidelines on how to place my speakers, or would you be able to tell me if the current arrangement of me speaker is alrite or needs some improvement? I have attached an image of my current arrangements. My speakers are Jamo 120W and my tv is a Toshiba rear projection.

Thanks in advanced.
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 136
Placement ok if speakers are shielded.

Post Number: 2
how do i know if the speakers are shielded?

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
If your tv picture is distorted and/or has strange colors along the sides where the speakers are located, they are not shielded. You could also refer to your owner's manual if available.

Bronze Member
Username: Javmo200

Michigan

Post Number: 13
Look for the Specs on the internet..What models are them I be glad to find out for you..

Bronze Member
Username: Javmo200

Michigan

Post Number: 14
Opps sorry I did not noticed you mention the model on your post--Jamo ?

I aloso agree with the above --if you are not getting any interference then you are ok

Post Number: 3
I do not see any picture or color distortion with this tv, but i had an older tv, just a normal CRT, and it had colour distortion when the speakers are next to the tv. Would this affect my current tv in the future or sumthin?

Post Number: 4
I've tried looking up these speakers on the Jamo website but couldn't find the specific model. I dun think i even know the specific model because at the back of the speakers does not say much, it only says, Jamo 98 and the watts, which is 120W long distance and 90W short distance.

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
Sounds like the speakers are unshielded. I'm not a technician but seems like I read somewhere that using unshielded speakers in close proximity to the tv can have an adverse affect over the long haul. Basically, you have magnets pulling on the metal parts of the picture producing apparatus. Send an email to David Massey. He seems to have great technical knowledge. As for me, I would relocate the speakers away from the set.

Post Number: 5
who is David Massey? and whats his email? And also, would it be ok if i placed a sheet of mild steel between the speakers and the tv, so it would insulate out the most of the magnetic field, would that solve the problem in any way?

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
Check the vcr forum. You can usually find him there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us