Just curious between QED cable or SYNERGY cable, any suggest?

henrico
Unregistered guest
i'm a newbie here.. just bought a yamaha rxv450 and also a packed of 6.1 yamaha speaker NSP436.
I;m still using the standard speaker cable from the yamaha. My uncle said (he used 2 be a home theater freak too :-), told me to change the cable. The sound will tottally difference. Is it??

So i hunting down my city, (i'm in medan indonesia, quite rare for all this hifi thing).
Monster cable is too expensive, i better take it step by step, so i can really know the differences. so i found this two brand, QED(silver anniversary) and SYNERGY.. both with the same price. So any suggestion which is the good one?. both cable are quite thick. the seller said synergy is better couse it has noise canceling inside the wire. Is that true?
And one more thing. Is it really makes a lot difference is i replace my speaker cable.. thanxxx

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 116
Speaker cable can make a difference. However, for short cable runs and considering the equipment you mention any 16 or 18 gauge wire would do just fine. Spending mega bucks for those applications will probably not produce a noticeable sonic difference. However, if you have high end equipment or need long runs, a quality cable will make a difference.

Henrico
Unregistered guest
thank you,
so between QED silver annyversay cable and SYNERGY.. which one do you prefer.. i'm a bit confuse, both came with the same price in here..
I heard some people told SYNERGY is better..

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 388
Lowes sells 12AWG wire for about .38/foot:-) When you have about 200feet of wire like I do..........it's not a bad way to go.

I wouldnt get too wrapped up in 'brand name' copper wire.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 117
Paul is right. Your question can not be precisely answered without knowing the exact equipment and application. Even then, you should take the advice that "Synergy is better" with a grain of salt unless those who offer it have the same equipment utilized in the same way. There are many variables. However, one can spend (waste?) a lot of money on cables and depending on the application realize marginal benefits at best. If you insist on purchasing the expensive stuff, see if the retailer will allow you to return it no questions asked.

Henrico
Unregistered guest
well, thanx a lot for the advice.
maybe i just stick to the QED. quite interesting coz of QED is an awards-winning cable hehe..
(http://www.qed.co.uk/cables/speaker/silver.html)
and also its cheaper a bit. anyway, i'm stil a newbie, dont want to rush. i dont want to change all my 6.1 speaker cable. I start with left, right and center. for the next few month, maybe change the subwoffer cable. so, did i make mistake so far.?? haha :-).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us