Complete Home Theater System

Username: Paul412

Post Number: 1
I want to install 7.1. What would be my options as far as getting a "decent" sound at a lower cost$? I don't have any part of the system yet, so I will be starting from scratch. I would appreciate any suggestions on cables and wiring, as I will be wiring a gutted room from scratch. What are your thoughts on ceiling speakers? The rear wall is 12ft from the tv and the side channels are 15ft apart. I think I will be going with a LCD tv over my free standing fireplace in the center of the room. The 36x48 floor to ceiling fireplace is the only wall seperating the living room from another 20x20 room behind it, and I'm wondering if putting the front L and R channels behind the tv in the other room would be a good idea for sound quality? I would like to be able to control the volume for all speakers individually. What is a good way to keep the wires together through the walls? I need quite a bit of guidance in this project.

I'm dumping alot of money into my new home and need to keep the cost down on the audio portion of this system $ I'm sure that what you guys consider decent sound will be sufficient for me :-) I'm looking for a good source to order all the audio/video materials needed. Thanks

Username: Paul412

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the tips, very informative :-(

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 394
Paul,

I think your questions are a little bit vague and open ended, and maybe the first step is to start educating yourself on your own. Nobody can give you any guidance if you dont yet know yourself what you want.

You wont get much response here by asking vague 'what should I do' questions. If you've done your homework, and have a specific question, you'll get plenty of responses. If you dont know what's available, or what you want in a system, giving guidence is impossible.

Bronze Member
Username: Javmo200

Michigan

Post Number: 26
I agree, when it comes to sound and equipment the sky is the limit. I would also recomend to start reading on it , go to a specialty store(No Best Buy
or Ciscuit City) and pick their brain. I understand you want to save money however if you get an suoptimal equipment you will be upgrading within months and that my friend will cost you more.
I would learn about power source(Receiver), Speaker etc..when it comes to cables etc the sky is the limit---Learn about different gauge and also interconnect..When you narrow down and yopu have more specific questions --post it and people will help you.
Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us