Fitting stereo components in wall space

Username: Hacobian

Post Number: 2
Hi guys.

My living room has a space along the wall just wide enough for a phone stand. The space extends all the way to the ceiling. I'm thinking of using the space to hold my receiver, DVD player, VCR, cable modem and perhaps an Apple airport and ipod commection cable. The idea is to have all the wire and components fit in one space and have as few wires as possible stick out to the TV in the leaving room. I'll hire a pro to wire the speaker neatly against the wall.

Is there a way to rack the compenents in that space and perhaps build some sort of wood/glass door to hide them? I can't find any pictures of projects where people used dead space in their homes to rack and enclose components.

Thank you for your help

armand

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 273
Armand,

Sounds like you have a neat project on your hands. I like your idea, but the shelving sounds like it will have to be a custom job.(Unless you get extremely lucky, and find something that fits the space exactly)

It would be very easy to measure, cut, and install simple shelving to fit your needs.

Just make sure the components are spaced enough to let air flow freely. I also like the Idea of 'no' glass doors, but that's just my personal preference. I like the functionality of no doors, plus there is also the air circulation issues doors create. As for running the speaker wire?? For me, I just used a little creativity and a staple gun, and pretty much got them out of sight for all seven speakers.

Good luck!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us