Help PLEASE!!!

Username: Spazoid47

Post Number: 1
i'm considering either the MARANTZ SR19EX, MARANTZ SR8400 or the DENON AVR-985S, ALL seem to have great specs....
also can u suggest some nice speakers within the 1100.00 range that would compliment either of the above...
thank you...
peace!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 205
What sounds good to me, might not sound good to you.

I highly suggest shopping yourself and soundtesting speakers in person before you buy anything. That's the fun part, right?? You know, going to the store, and giving speakers a 'test drive' in the soundroom.

Dont get too hung up on specs because you should be most concerned about their sound. Good specs doesnt necessarily mean they'll sound worth a damn. I've recently been shopping speakers too, and listened to a few with great specs, and the salesman couldnt pay me to take them off his hands.

Once you've listened to speakers and narrowed down your search to a couple pairs, then you can discuss the pros and cons of each with others, and have a point of reference because you've seen, and heard them.

Happy shopping!

Username: Spazoid47

Post Number: 2
THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!
peace!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 79
Thanks Paul. Maybe if we keep hitting them over the head with it, they'll finally get the idea.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us