Klipsch quintet or cinema 8 with Denon 2105?

Username: Timfore

Post Number: 2
Just wondering if anyone had any opinions on these to speaker systems with the denon receiver.Or any suggestions on a speaker system under $750 that would sound good with the denon. It will primarily for movies but used for music also. The room is 16x20 with cathedral ceiling (very open)

Post Number: 3
anyone?

ka ka doo dee face
Unregistered guest
look at axiom... dont get klipsch... i have the synergy floorstanders and matching surround speakers... the whole bit... and it sounds wicked harsh... "S"'s sound annoying.. bass and mids are crap... i use separates to drive em... still sound like crap... i bet the reference klipsch might sound alright... but those mincy little quintets arent going to do anything in that big room... btw the horns are so over-rates... they sound so fake...

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 101
honestly... take a look at klipsch but not the quintets in a good sized room. The NEW synergy series is not at all that bad, and the reference series is positivly AWESOME.

Post Number: 4
any other suggestions under 800$?

Anonymous

Actually I have Quintet's in a 14x24 room with matching sub and they fill it in surprisingly well. That said, I'd do the Cinema 8 over them in a minute. No doubt they would be up to the task.

RichF
Unregistered guest
Athena Micra 6 and Cambridge 108 or 208.

Bronze Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 53
I'll say it again. The only intelligent way to purchase speakers is to first audition them. Why is this concept so difficult to grasp?

Anonymous

Look at Orb Audio

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 109
it is so difficult to grasp because with some companies such as orb audio, you can not first audition them. you have to do an at home audition. If you arent pleased, send them back. Is that a difficult concept?

gavin

Bronze Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 58
Gavin, I live in small town so I can certainly understand your dilemma. But just look at the divergence of opinion on speaker questions. Is this really useful? Suppose I say think "Acme"
speakers are the greatest on the planet. You buy on my recommendation and when you get them home you think they are too harsh. You still have to send them back. But it's your money, spend it any way you see fit. I can only give advice. You are certainly free to disregard it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us