Electrical Power problem and Self powered subs...

Steve AR-1
Unregistered guest
I have Acoustic Research AR-1 Tower speakers, with 500 watt built in subs.
http://www.audioreview.com/speakers/main-speaker/Acoustic%20Research/PRD_118988_ 1594crx.aspx

I am looking into something like an APC LE1200 because both my speakers don't always come out of standby and I think I have a current problem since I installed a ceiling fan, (on the same electrical circuit) (I live in a condo so I can't change the circuit)

Can anyone tell me how many amps of current my speakers would need with relevance to the APC LE1200.

Will I need double (starting/peak)?

TPE
Unregistered guest
This has absoulutely nothing to do with your supplying power. I am 100% positive. Look into the speaker themselves or the signal sent from the receiver.

Steve AR-1
Unregistered guest
I believed that possible the ceiling fan was introducing some noise into the system and the speaker was attempting to ignore it, and this not actually coming out of standby when a real line signal was introduced.

I can switch the outputs on the stereo and the same speaker does not come on, and recently during the cold fronts I have not been using the ceilign fan and the speaker has been coming on reliably.

That is what leads me to beleive, or hope it's a power problem because all other troubleshooting would lead to the speaker having gone bad. I'd rather be able to buy a $50 power cleaning solution than to have a dead speaker.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us