Testing a new 7.1 setup

TYW
Unregistered guest
Just finished setting up my new Pioneer Elite and 7.1 Athena speaker/subwoofer in my newly renovated basement home theatre with a Sanyo Z3 projector. I am not sure they are the right combo for each other but I got everything on sale cheap so I am stuck with them for a while.

I understand that there is currently no discreet 7.1 DVDs out. I want to put something demanding through the new system and through my old 5.1 system to see what the sound difference is like. The question is, what the best movie with Dolby EX or DTS 6.1 Discreet that I should try the system with.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 119
Heck,

The trick is finding them. Somebody gave me this link(thanks to whoever that was).
http://www.dtsonline.com/consumer/hometheatre/dvd-titles.php

You can surf titles here. Im sure any would be good. Even though many are available, their proportion of the total movies is very small and it makes them hard to find if simply browsing titles in a store.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2782
TYW,
Try any of the Extended Special Edition "Lord of the Rings" movies. It will give your system a real test.

Jayb
Unregistered guest
IMO Top Gun in 6.1dts es/ex is phenominal
Bad Boys II in superbit DTS es/ex
Gladiator 6.1 DTS es
U-571 DTSes

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 134
Sometimes the movie you least expect will be in 6.1DTS.

For example, I was surfing through my DVD collection last night and saw that my special edition "The Final Countdown" is in 6.1.

Anyone remember that movie from the early 80s?

Ya know....the movie where the Nimitz goes back in time and has a chance to stop the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Milpool
Unregistered guest
The Butterfly Effect - DTS ES
Cast Away - DTS ES
Finding Nemo - Dolby EX
All extended Lord of the Rings - DTS ES
Monsters Inc. - Dolby EX
All Star Wars - Dolby EX
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help