Speaker/Receiver suggestions please

Anonymous

I moved out of a tiny NY studio where I could barely have one of those Sony HTIB, for my neighbor's discontent. For some time now I live in this rather larger apartment, but still a paper-thin wall apartment. With that said, I still don't have the ideal space for my dream home-theather (nor the budget!) but I would like to move up a little. I will be setting up my so-called HT in the living room, approximately 12 ft x 14 ft. To make matters worse, the kitchen counter is behind the couch and the dining room is next to it too.Pls don't laugh, hopefully it will not be the eternal set-up.
I have a projection tv and a Toshiba SD-H400 dvd player. Here is what I have in mind:
-JBL SCS300.7 speaker package (I know packages are not the best way to go, but I read good reviews on this particular one)
Now for the receiver I narrowed down to these options:
- Pioneer 1014
- Yamaha 5760
- Harman-Kardon 235
Any of these would work better with the JBL's?
I would truly appreciate any help and thanks for the patience with a newbie!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2771
Any of those receivers will work well with the JBL package. Personally, I like the Pioneer and HK.

Username: Viper1mx

Post Number: 2
I have the same speakers and a Yamaha 5790 - a bit more power than the 5760 - 110w/channel and also uses the ypao speaker auto speaker configuration - which is VERY COOL - and quite painless! A note on the JBL 7.1 system - the speakers are very nice quality and the sub is absolutely huge, but the overall sound is smaller than I prefer, also Yamaha recommends the sub crossover to be set at 80Hz for true THX performance, but I found this to be too low and ended up at 120Hz for my taste.
Just my 2 Cents
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us