Bright scenes distort image

ck
Unregistered guest
specs - 5.1 speakers, fairly cheap new receiver (i'm on a budget), all analog cables w/ the one coaxial, running both dvd and vcr to receiver, then one video out receiver to tv, standard flat screen tv.

problem - when watching movies such as x-men, sudden bright scenes (i.e. lightning, electricity, etc.) will cause the entire image to distort. best description: as if somebody was messing with horizontal adjustment in back of tv. it's as if the receiver detests brightness.

i tested video straight from dvd to tv and it works fine, so i assume it's the receiver? but i'm wondering if a simple upgrade to s-video will help? anyone ever heard of this happening? i'm still under 30-day return for receiver if there's no fix.

ck
Unregistered guest
mixed up terms - meant to say that all current cables are rca, save for one coaxial for dolby.

after reading more threads - maybe best option (despite my problem) for best rca image quality is direct feed from dvd to tv. think i read that running video thru receiver is like forcing it to pass thru an uneccesary source? and to just use receiver for sound?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2764
Do you have component video inputs on your TV?

If not, just use a direct s-video feed from your dvd player to TV.

ck
Unregistered guest
i research everything else before buying, tho i didn't do that before buying this receiver. i'll fess up now and tell you that it's a klh r5100. (laugh it up) i've had the 5.1 speakers for almost a year and they're doing a fine job. so naturally i figured the same brand receiver would. and i'm on a budget, as mentioned before.

i've read nothing but negative reviews on this model since buying. plus my own personal problem with it. i'm currently by-passing the receiver and running video straight from source(s) to tv. but the fact of the matter is that i shouldn't have to.

i think i'm just going to return it and save money while i (re)search for something better. thanks anyway for trying to help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us