Amateur Cable Hook Up Question - Easy one

Username: Chrisboston

Post Number: 2
I have purchased the Sony 50" HD widescreen Rear Projection on LCD. I have the following equipment:

Sony DA333ES: It has optical, coax and s-video jacks, but I dont see component video

Sony DVP-C600D: 5 cd/dvd carousel that does have Compenent Video, S-Video and Optical.

Purchasing Comcast HD Cable box.

Question: since I dont seem to have component video on my a/v receiver, what do I do? connect s-video from tv to receiver and to dvd OR do I connect compenent from tv to DVD and then s-video from dvd to the receiver?

Thanks for your assistance

Username: Salemdoom

Post Number: 7
to be honest Im not sure what your question is here... but, for the best connection to a tv, projection, lcd, plasma, tube or whatever, this old man called Doom says always, always, always, use Svideo!

If you refering to how to wire the tv into the amp to get sound from the tv into the amp, you need some good quality phonos for that, and Im talking good quality not the $5 cables from the local spar shop ;)

I hope this has helped, as I said I didnt really understand the question.

Doom :-)

Username: Johnman

Post Number: 2
Component video beats s-video.
For the best picture you'll need to bypass the receiver since it does not have component ins/outs.
For the best sound run an optical cable from the dvd player to the receiver.
When you get the HD cable box you'll want to run a DVI cable from it to the tv if it has that type of output. If it doesn't, opt for a component connection. Then run optical again from the cable box to your receiver if your cable box has optical out and your receiver has another optical in. If they don't you may have to use a secondary audio connection (i.e. rca cables).

JMS@Cols.Oh
Unregistered guest
When you have a choice between a component and S-video hookup, never, never, never use S-video.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us