Hooking up Dvd Recorder and VCR to Same Television

Username: Gadgetgal

Post Number: 1
I have a Syntax Olevia 30" LCD Television with just one coaxial connection for cable TV. Currently I have the cable coax plugged into my Toshiba DVD recorder and Toshiba's coax connects to the Television. I also have the Toshibas A/V cables connected to the A/V on the Television.

I also have a new Sony VCR/DVD Player Combo. What I would like to do is have both components hooked up to the one tv and be able to record 2 programs (one on each component)at the same time. One program to record onto the DVD recorder's hard drive and the second program to record onto a VHS tape.

I already bought a 2way cable splitter and the clerk at the electronics store said I would only need an A/V hub that can have 2 components connected, so I also purchased one of those.

My TV has the following connections: 1 DVI, 1 S-Video, 1 Composite, 1 RF cable, and I think 1 component.

I am getting completely confused as to how to connect all together. Am I correct in thinking that the coax out on each component has to be connected to the television? I cant' do that, though, as there is only one coax on the TV.

Can anyone guide me through the best way to hook all these to one TV?

Silver Member
Username: Dirtfarmer

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 500
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/113395.html
Use this link to go directly to the discussion:

Message Board: Home Theater: Home Theater Setup & Planning: The ultimate theatre setup guide
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us