TV/speaker set up

Anonymous

Hey I recently bought a Altec Lansing VS3151 speaker system. Anyway, it says I can hook it up to my TV, but I don't have any cord for my tv to hook up to it. Do I have to purchase something separate? Also, if I do hook it up to my TV, does that mean that everything else thats hooked up to it will come out in surround sound too? (Such as my DVD player and Playstation 2) I'm new to this sort of thing, so I really have no clue. Thanks for your time.

Username: Leemanhd

Tavares, FL United States

Post Number: 1
Hey ya'll, I just bought a all in one DVD/home theater system(KOSS -KS3102) AND i HAVE A Durabrand TV (walmart) my question is how do I hook up my TV to the DVD/theater system to hear it on the theater speakers, the TV has only input jacks on it also.

Username: Rdaly

Post Number: 1
I just bought Bose Accoustimass 15 speakers. I am looking to buy a new receiver. Either a 6.1 or a 7.1. I have an old Accoustimass 5 Series II. Can those cubes be used with my AM15 speakers? Then I would have 6.1, or can they go directly in a 7.1 receiver for side speakers? Should they or do they need to go thru a sub woofer? Thanks for any help.

My lunch
Unregistered guest
I just brought my lunch. Its a sandwich with cheese and pickle. Can anyone tell me how long I can leave it in the fridge for before it goes bad?

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 247
Anonymous,
You might want to start by reading your owners manual, and then ask questions if you have a problem. Based on your questions, it's evident that you havnt even attempted to read the instructions.

Lee,
If your TV has no outputs, you need to have audio ouputs on your sat/cable box to listen to TV sources through your stereo. Think about it.......unless you have an audio output to connect to your receivers input, how could you expect to get sound?? If neither has outputs, you're out of luck. Almost anything should have the necessary outputs these days unless it's absolutely 'bottom shelf' equiptment.

My dinner
Unregistered guest
sheesh!

Bronze Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 76
Way to go Paul. I really don't mind helping folks out. But all too frequently some seek info that is prominently displayed in the owner's manual.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 302
I dont mind the specific question where somebody has their system hooked up and something is not working correctly, and they need aide troubleshooting.

........ but when they ask a question like.

"Ok, I bought my system, can someone tell me how to hook it up"........LOL, I cant deal with that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us