Arnie (dirtfarmer) need some quick help please :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Mjnoles1

Post Number: 25
Hi. I am connecting my digital cable box, tv and receiver. I have checked your tread with all the examples of hooking up components but could not find what I am looking for.

I am taking the RF F pin cable from my wall and connecting it to a 2-way splitter and then outputting another RF f pin cable from the splitter to my digital cable box. Since my digital cable box does not have a s-video output I have to use composite. So I am outputting the composite cable from my digital cable box and from their I am confused. My tv have a digital dynamic comb filter and since I have to use composite I want to utilize the comb filter. If you could please read below and help me sort out this confusion I would really appreciate it.

1a. I was thinking of connecting the video output from cable box to tv video input 1 then go from the t.v's tuner/monitor video output to my receiver tv/sat video input.

1b.The thing is when I look in my receiver manual it looks like it wants me to take the video output from my receiver and connect it to the tv(monitor) video input. Another example in the receiver manual shows TV tuner(or satellite tuner) video out put to video input in my receiver.

2. Now when I look at my digital cable box manual it looks like it wants me to take the video ouput from my cable box to the video input of my receiver then use the video monitor output on the receiver to the tv video input.

3. Lastly, when I look at my television manual it looks like it wants me to take the monitor output from the receiver to the video input of my tv then take the tuner/monitor output from my tv to the tv input on the receiver.

I sure hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you again,

Nicolas

Silver Member
Username: Dirtfarmer

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 458
o boy lol
ok you cable box mostly like use coxial cable right connecting the cable from outside to box
then if you have it connect the 3 r ca cable the red white yellow on to the receiver
make the reciver the center point of you system
connect every thing to it
tv, cable box , dvd , vcr,

Silver Member
Username: Dirtfarmer

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 459
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/123378.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help