"onkyo hts650" for 8x12 room????:o

need ur advice about my small room
my room is 9x12 ft big and everyone sits about 6 ft. away from the tv set. what would be the absolute best htib" system for me considering my small sized room? would the onkyo "hts650" be too loud??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~12ftacross
tv here[_]
'
6 feet distance between audience & tv
'
'
me here :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~12ftacross

IRR
please guys- ineed your advice because im thinking of buying the hts650 for myself.

TO: n u a a m s r & IRR

Please check-out the Kenwood VR-6070 THX Select Receiver; here is the link to the product...
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/redirectFeature.jsp?goToUrl=product.jsp%3FproductId%3D2452

Speaker set; JBL SCS-150...
here is the link to this product...
http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.asp?ProdId=SCS150SI&SerId=SCS&sCatId=

Please also check the thread ON THIS SITE by clicking on the top menu of this message-board bbs as follows for the Kenwood VR-6070 for the best THX Select product for every penny invested.
DISCUSSIONS / HOME AUDIO / RECEIVERS

Please evaluate and listen to the Kenwood & JBL's.

sincerely yours, Michael

po
The problem with your suggestion Michael is that that the total cost of the Kenwood plus JBL's is around $1300-1400 bucks. The Onkyo is under $500. I'm assuming price is an issue here.

Now, I have the HT-S650 and it sounds awesome even at lower levels so I don't see why its potential to be deafening should be an issue. Just don't turn it up to 100. At 50 it is very quiet, at 60 it is good for late night, at 70 it is good for showing as a feature presentation, at 80...well at 80 the windows start shaking and it is uncomfortably loud, at 90...I've never set to 90...to scared.

Bottom line, it sounds fine even at lower levels, get it, if volume is an issue, don't turn it up...there is a nice volume control right on the front.

po

Anonymous
Po, what is a good place to buy speaker cables, pin connectors, banana plug connectors. Either a retail store or online store that has good prices.

po
I've actually heard that one of the best places to get good speaker cable cheap is Home Depot oddly enough. Then for the pin and bananas, go to radio shack (unless Home Depot has them too, never checked).

Both of the above are comparable alternatives to buying Monster brand accessories which will be double the price.

-po

Anonymous
Home Depot is a great place for speaker wire. They have all different gauges and you can buy by the foot, instead of in predetermined lenghts. I wish i had learned of it before putting the monster wire in my walls. As it was, I ran short on one lenght, got Home Depot for that one (one of the rear surrounds) and cannot tell the difference. As to the small room, just turn it up as loud as you want - and no more.

Anonymous
For a smaller room the Kenwood HTB-205 is the way to go.

Anonymous
Radio Shack has excellent wires and cables (the Gold Series) that rival Monster at half the price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us