Husband is gonna kill me!! PLEASE Help!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
I was moving our furniture around the other day and while moving the TV and Surround sound.. I broke the yellow video cable off into the system.. you know the little peg?? I tried using tweezers and needlenose pliers to get a hold of it and that just pushed it in farther.. As soon as he wants to watch a DVD he is going to find out.. Help Whatcan I do??? the only thing that I can think of is buying the S-video cord and hooking it up that way.. but will it cause probs cuz that peg is still stuck in there?????

Silver Member
Username: Dirtfarmer

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 442
the yellow plug most likely was part a a set maybe or ny it self
yelloe is video and if it come witha set ther would be a red and white one, and that would be audio

ther are called rca or composite plug
and and for esp if you hook up a dvd to tv you could use the 3 plug, or just a audio plug red and white and a s video cable

see my picture belowUpload

as far as geting the part that broke off it may cause a problem but if no wire on it i really do not know chance are maybe not but im not sure, as for geting it out, it broke it would be hard, it just a round tube on in side a jack and if you push it in side, can you get a small needle inside the tube maybe make a little hook on it and try pulling it outt hat way
other other way is take the machine apart and push it out from inside, something most people can not or should not do

Username: Jeff_kushner

Severna Park..near Ann..., MD USA

Post Number: 1
Did you get it out? Sounds like you might have to come clean and confess...it's always better to bring it up(preferably right before s*x...you can get away with bombing DC at that point)then it is to get "caught".

Arnie's right, the connection is simple enough to push it out from the inside, but getting there is something that you probably shouldn't attempt...since it will only make a bad situation much worse.

You should be able to see the hollow end from the outside, where it broke off....if you fit something INSIDE of it (somthing strong and with a point to catch the jagged, broken end) and pull it out while pressing it against the side, you may be home free...

Username: Yarlie

Post Number: 2
What's on the other end of that yellow cable?
Is it attached to the DVD player?
If it was and the DVD player does have an S-Video port as well as the TV your home free.
Just get the S-video cable and leave the broken piece where it is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us