Bose Legacy System Setup

Username: Skychief

Post Number: 1
First off I would like to say hello to all members here as this is my first post. Secondly, I believe it is important to note that I know very little about setting up a home system so please, bear with me. Now to the problem at hand. My friend has inherited a legacy Bose surround sound system. His equipment is all pretty outdated as well so I'm having trouble finding any diagrams for guidance. He has a 50 inch RCA rear projection TV, an old model Go Video dual deck VCR, a semi new Sony DVD player (S-video connection present), and uses a digital cable box. The problem is that in order to receive surround sound they all have to connect through the Bose Companion CS-6 Controller which has a lot of confusing connections. I have tried every connection that I can think of but still cannot get the setup to work right. For instance, I get the DVD player when I hit VCR on the remote, or will get audio from both the DVD and cable television at the same time, etc. This is driving me crazy as I know it has to be just a matter of making the right connections. I have included a pic of the Bose companions rear connections in hopes that it will help. I wish I could have included the model numbers of the other equipment as I'm just now realizing that they may have been important. They were all pretty much basic connections short of the Bose equipment. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Upload

Unsilent majority
Unregistered guest
Want some advice, get rid of that garbage Bose and buy something worthwhile like Yamaha receiver and some infinity beta series speakers now that's audio!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us