Stereo hookup on all devices

Username: Bent_wookie

Post Number: 1
Hi
The following is what i require assistance hooking up (excuse the lack of model numbers)
- Mitshubishi 27" TV
- Pioneer reciever (10 yrs old)
- DVD player
- XBox
- Satilite TV reciever
I want to be able to use the tv and the xbox and the dvd to output sound to the reciever.

now i have tried the simple setup; vcr output/input to TV output input and still nothing happens, if i hook up the xbox directly to the tv, i have to unplug my s-video cable that allows me to watch the DVD. But with the xbox hooked up to the tv and the reciever hooked up from the tv output to the input of the reciever, if i raise the volume really high (half way point) i can here the xbox only a little.

is there anyway to hook all this up properly?

Unregistered guest
If possible, I'd recommend using your receiver to switch video if you're running out of inputs on your TV.

For audio, you don't need to run any cables to your TV. Connect the audio from your components directly to the receiver inputs.

Username: Bent_wookie

Post Number: 2
Would i just use the RCA cable to hook it all up cause the reciever does not have s-video and last time i hooked up the reciever to the tv i could not get any audio

Unregistered guest
Yes, you could use composite (RCA cables) for everything. I would recommend s-video or component for your DVD player, in which case you would connect the DVD player directly to your TV, as you did before (I assume).

Or you could hook up your xbox that way, but for me, it's more important that my DVD has a better picture than my video games if I have to choose.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us