Subwoofer hookup?

Username: Cyasick

Post Number: 1
Hey everyone. A question about hooking up my subwoofers (yes, plural). I moved into my current house with a home theater set up (minus the receiver). The setup used NHT speakers made in 1993.

I have a Denon AVR-1602 receiver and am wondering how it would be possible to hook up my 2 SW2 NHT subwoofers. Currently, I have them hooked up to my "B" section speakers, but they don't emit good bass sound. Is there any way I can keep these subwoofers with my system or do I need to replace them?

Username: Boca

Post Number: 5
First if I am not mistaken your Receiver has
one SUB outlet. This one should go to your SUB speaker RCA red connector (only if you have built in crossover within your SUB-s). If not use "Y"
Sub connector...one from DENON and "Y" side into
your SUB (red and white).
Try and let us know... it should work if your SUB-s are not busted.

Post Number: 2
The problem is that my subwoofers don't have those kind of connections... they only have red and black speaker wire connections. Is there any way that I can have them connected? They work fine with regular t.v., but with dolby digital they don't seem to give off nearly any sound because its not part of the "A" section.
Hopefully there's a solution.

Username: Boca

Post Number: 6
If you have perhaps "B" speakers outlet on your
DENON which are not in use, run those wires from
receiver directly to your SUB (left to left - right to right) or follow red and black color.
It looks to me that your SUB speaker does not have built in crossover and all LFE (low frequency) goes to other surround speakers.
Other thing what I would do is: it looks to me that having such nice peace of equipment Denon 1602 (I have 1804) deserve technologically newer/ better SUBs. My advice is to get a rid of those SUBs and get something up to dated. Think for example of ENERGY XL-8 or 10, they work perfectly with DENON.

Post Number: 3
thanks a lot for your help, BOCA, it is probably for the better that I get new equipment
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us