Yamaha DVX-S650

Rick1
Unregistered guest
I recently listened to this system at BB's and was
impressed by the sound. Has anyone seen any
reviews on this system? I am currently looking for a second system for other people to use and not get confused with a lot of buttons and setup.
Does anyone have any suggestions on a system that sounds great and has ease of use. Thanks.

CHOP CITY
Unregistered guest
I RECENTLY HEARD THIS A BEST BUYS, I LISTNED TO MASTER AND COMANDERS ON THIS UNIT AND THE SOUND WAS REALLY IMPRESSIVE I COMPARED IT TO THE BOSE 3-2-1 WHICH WAS 600.00 MORE EXPENSIVE AND THE BOSE DIDNT COMPARE GOOD SYSTEM WITH DVD AND RECIEVER INTERGRATED.

Rick1
Unregistered guest
Thanks for reply Chop City. Have you heard any
of the other Yamaha Cinema Stations like the
DVX-S200P?

wapiti joe
Unregistered guest
I also heard this at Best Buy and have been searching for any reviews of it. What I heard sounded good...particularly for the price. Anyone had experience with the "self tuning" system like this? Sounds pretty cool.

n2deep
Unregistered guest
i have been researching this product for days when i came accross your post ... on the yamamaha website it is listed in cenama systems and related dealers are hi-fi buys .. but when i call the hifi buys folks they say no dont buy this system buy the dvr120 with bose setup wich is the older version and they have no clue what i am talking about when i mention the dvr-s650 system yet in the same senetence say dont buy an integrated dvd/receiver/amp system but purchase our 120 lol so the contradict themselves i was VERY VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE SOUND/VALUE comming out of this much bang for your buck that i have heard in years .. i thought it really compared to the bose and offered there same ypao technology (self speaker setup) like bose offers in there demo it learns with you !!!

Unregistered guest
well i just purchased the dvx-s650 online at bestbuy.com you can buy it online and pick it up at the store and save 100 bucks wow! we purchased it the same place we listened to it 100 bucks cheaper! im glad i researched this alot more now ! DONT CALL HIFI BUYS they dont know anything about this product at all .. and thats who is listed as the dealers for this product on yamaha's website . i hope this helped

JDO
Unregistered guest
I just bought this system at Best Buy and think it is great. For the mnoney I think it outplays Bose and the Yapo setup is cool. Very good system.

JDO
Unregistered guest
I just bought this system at Best Buy and think it is great. For the mnoney I think it outplays Bose and the Yapo setup is cool. Very good system.

stj
Unregistered guest
Anyone know how the dvx-s650 might compare with the YHT 755? It seems the 755 may offer more flexibility and features.

Also, does the 650 play SACD's? They are not listed in most specs.

n2deep0
Unregistered guest
you really have to hear this thing in action for the money its the best deal out there....im like jdo. i think it outplays bose the clairity is un-real sharp clear sound....and as far as compared to the 755 its a more compacked sytem kinda like a bose receiver the 755 is seperate components but looks to have the same style speakers and the 755 is 700 watts compared to 455...those are recievers with speaker packages i was wanting somthin smaller and more compacked...i guess its personal preference

202ejl
Unregistered guest
Hello Everyone. Has anyone tried playing music cds on this model? The salesperson at Bestbuy could not answer if all speakers work with music playback, specially the subwoofer.

Thanks

Anonymous

n2deep0 saw your post ,thanks.

Wonder about a couple of things still.
Will the 755 have better sound at 100W/channel vs 55.
Also is the 655 HDTV ready?

Bronze Member
Username: Sause

Post Number: 37
You can play music in all the channels on this model if you use one of there dsp's there is a differnece in the speakers between the 650 and 755 that being the sub it's a 8" on the 650 and a 6.5 on the 755. I'm a fan of the old reievers that is way I like the sound of the 755 over the 650 but if you really can't the differnce go with the 650.

obviousman
Unregistered guest
it does play sa-cds. It is cleary stated on yamaha's product information page. (duh)

david archer
Unregistered guest
Does the dvx-s650 have an optical input?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us