No Surround Sound for High Def

Anonymous

For some reason or another I cannot get surround sound for high definition channels. I have surround sound for all channels but high def. The manual says that I cannot get HD for multi channels and when I try to set the matrix setting or super surround sound it does nothing and my receiver tells me 2 channel is needed. The same thing happens on my off-air aentenna HD channels.
I have an optical connection connected to my dish network HD receiver. The big game is this sunday and I need help. What can I do?

arrow224
Unregistered guest
Are you sure the programs are broadcast in surround sound?

Anonymous

The programs are definetly in 5.1. If they are not I can press a 5.1 button on my remote and make it 5.1. I think I figured out the problem. The system (Samsung HT 690) has a self callibration mode by connecting a speaker. Since the rear speakers are so close to the listener the volume is I'm guessing lowered. By turning off teh self calibration mode I can mannually adjust volume in the rear. The system does sound a bit better callibrated but I'm lacking the sound I want in the rear. Can I trick the system by moving the speakers further during self callibartion and then moving them closer?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us