Help please - confusion running amuck!

Tiffani Jones
I am an electronics idiot - I am not rich - I started looking for a DVD for my kids age 6 and 12 2 weeks ago - now I am thinking Home Theater - I can only spend about $350 - and still get them some DVD's - I want something that has a good track record for not needing that expensive additional warranty. If - my tv goes out this year I will invest in HDTV - only if! So I guess I would need progressive scan video at that time. I have recently almost been talked into the Samsung #HT-DM150 - at a price of $299 at Best Buy with a $50 gift card to use on the video - a Panasonic #SCHT75 - price of $310 - with a $50 rebate (no prog scan) and a Samsung #HT-DL200P at $350 - I can't find any info on the web about Samsung. And I don't know if there are any other nice deals out there. I have walked off on each sales person more confused than when I started - with a dumb look on my face - probably mumbling. Any help on this purchase is appreciated!

Anonymous
They have alot of good deals at Circuit City. Many Prog Scan DVD players for under $150 .. check out the website .. free shipping too.
oh yeah .. you may also want to check out the Onkyo HTS650 for a home entertainment system while your there.
And no .. I don't work for them, just a loyal customer.(plus the return policy is the best, no hassle)

Tom L.
i personally own the Toshiba SD3750 PROGRESSIVE SCAN DVD Player. its great, the visuals are nice, it can even play MP3's which is a plus in my book when i bought it (last year i think0 it was $199 on sale @ Fry's i never had a problem with it and i dont regret buying it :)

Just bought the HT-DM550 which is same price as DM150 but has newer upgrades features at same price. Sounds great and DVD's look great. Has fewer input/output options on back than do the higher end models but very adequate for somewhat avg person such as me.

Ramesh
The best buy in woodbridge, Nj has it for $399. Please let us know from which Best Buy u got it.
Thx. :)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us