Panasonic SC-HT05 or Sony HT-DDW660??

Username: Vgamer

Post Number: 1
I have been trying to decide on a good entry Home theatre in a box system to use with my Xbox. I have narrowed it down to the Panasonic SC-HT05 or Sony HT-DDW660 based off price and reviews. I also got to hear the Sony at Best Buy the other day and it sounded great. I like the fact that the Panasonic has more imputs but I have read some reviews on Cnet where people say it makes some kind of weird high pitched noise sometimes. Anyone have that problem with it or maybe there is some defective units. Anyways which of these two systems sound best? Or is there a better one in a similar price range of $250 or so?

Unregistered guest
I have the Panasonic. Just bought it in December as a refurb from Overstock.com (is was about $180). The Panasonic doesn't have svideo (which you may want to use with your xbox) but it does sound great. I was quite disappointed with the Sony HT in that price range -- they didn't even compare to the panasonic. I do experience the noises that other people described (probably why this is a refurb, eh!) but Panasonic says I have a 1 year warrenty, so I'm taking it in to have it fixed tomorrow. I don't check this forum often, so email if you have any questions.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us