Looking to buy an hdtv to replace monitor for pc gameing please advie

Username: Jonibrasco

Post Number: 1
I have a few questions that i cant seem to get answers for. I have a pc with an Ati all-in-wonder 9700 pro. I'd like to buy an hdtv to double up as my monitor. What kind of picture quality can i expect from an hdtv as a monitor, I know normal tvs suck for monitors. Can i use the ati DVI out from the gfx card in to a DVI input on a hdtv? If not what would be the best way to connect it. How does the picture compare to a monitor? thanks for any help

Username: Jonibrasco

Post Number: 2
also would an lcd projection give a better picture from a computer input compared to a standard hdtv.. im new to this so anything you can tell me is apreciated

Username: Zero427

Post Number: 2
yeah I have one lot less headache and a lot cheaper too. go with the projector!!

Bronze Member
Username: Prankstar008

San Diego, CA USA

Post Number: 46
NOOOOO...contrart to what you may think, the resolution of a computer moniter (1024x768) is almost twice as good as the resolution of an HDTV. Most projectors have the same problem with resolution and can be pricy. If you wanted a TV to use AS WELL AS your current moniter (because im pretty sure the AIWs can handel that) then more power to you, but to get an HDTV as a replacment for your moniter your be a waste. All this assumes you care about image quality (you do have a 9700 pro) and dont just want the TV for its large size.

Kester Fernando
Unregistered guest
why not go the other way and get a large TFT with a PCI TV Tuner card?

Bronze Member
Username: Prankstar008

San Diego, CA USA

Post Number: 49
Doesn't a 9700 pro AIW have a TV tuner?

Bronze Member
Username: Arrow224

Post Number: 70
Josh Arenson: Yes they do, a tv tuner and video card, hence why they are called All In Wonders.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us