WD-52525, Directtv HD Configuration

Username: Jacisner

Post Number: 1
New to this board, question on configuration. I've got the Mitsu WD-52525 (love it) and the Samsung SIR-TS360 HDTV receiver, hooked up via DVI/HDMI cable. The TV's native resolution is 720P, and the receiver has multiple output choices (480i/p, 720P, 1080i). Do I output all signals at 720P, or at the resolution they come into the receiver at? It also has the option to output 480i/p to that resolution, and force HD signals to 720P or 1080i. What will give me the best picture?

Thanks!

TPE
Unregistered guest
Set the resolution to what ever the TV's native is. As far as the 480 output to 720 or 1080...it is a fake image. What it is, is called a scaler..this replicates a high def image, doesnt matter if it has a high def feed or not, if your TV doesnt have a native of 720 or 1080 you are getting a fake high def picture, and high def service is a waste of money.

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 18
yep to what TPE said.....

Dont worry about what kind of signal is coming in. Just set resolution to 720(TV native resolution) on the Samsung box, and that way you'll get the best possible picture regardless of what you're watching. There is no benefit to lowering resolution on your Samsung box for viewing the dreaded low def channels.

If you're like me, watching those Low Def channels will be an awful experience once you get used to HD picture.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us