Samsung HT-DM150 with PS2 --> 5.1ch problem ??

Cyrus
I have a problem regarding to this DVD Theater Set (Samsung DM150).

I lived in HK and I bought this DVD Set 1 week ago, and I also bought an optical (TOSLINK) cable to connect my PS2 to this Theater set. However, no matter playing some PS2 games with 5.1ch supported OR playing DVD movie with DTS or Dolby Digital by my PS2, there are only two front speakers working and no 5.1 effect, so I want to ask did anyone get the same problem with me ?????????

I've already turned on the "Digital Output" feature of my PS2 and choose Aux output to "Digital In" at the Theater set, but still not work. Did anyone tried to connect your PS2 to this Samsung HT-DM150 and 5.1ch come out????????

The price of DM-150 in US is much cheaper than that in HK. According to some websites, the price in US is arount US300, but in HK the price is about HK3500 = US425. Also, I want to confirm that is the US model really have Progressive Scan feature, since this model in HK doesn't have Progressive Scan feature. So it's really worth to buy in US, but not in HK. :(

Anonymous
Hey cyrus i have the answer you're looking for. If the PS2 were to run the gaming engine, and do dolby 5.1 at the same time, it would literally fry the hardware, because prologic and dts 5.1 are so demanding on a system. So you will only hear 5.1 surround in videogame cutscenes, never in the game itself. Currently the gamecube can do "in-game 5.1" because they harness prologicII power, which is significantly less strenuous on the processors of the gamecube than prologic 1. Hope this helped
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us