6.1 surround: single rear center vs dual rear center

Username: Whoosh

Post Number: 2
I'm planning to move up from my current 5.1 system to a 6.1 system. It seems that nowadays, 6.1 is the default. I've read somewhere that dual rear center surrounds are better than single rear center for a 6.1 system. Any opinions?

Follow up question: Most receivers provide only one (1) pair of speaker connections for the rear center. Is it possible/advisable to connect two speakers to one connection? Will there be an issue with wattage and what-have-you? Thanks.

Crunchy
Unregistered guest
Two rear speakers is a 7.1 surround system. If you want to put the same sound from two speakers it is up to you, but if you want discrete channels through each speaker with two back speakers, you have to get a reciever with 7.1

6.1 recievers have only one back speaker output because they only provide output for one back speaker. A 7.1 channel reciever has two back speaker outputs.

Username: Ripsid

Purgatory, NJ Usa

Post Number: 1
I have an Onkyo with 6.1, and I have Polk speakers (4 surround and 1 center channel) THAT came as a set then I bought a kick A$$ center channel for the front and I love it! I can't imagine having the 2 rear centers but If it's better than what I have I'd go with it. My buddy ducked expecting to get hit from behind by a car in a movie we were watching.

SID
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us