Sony DAV-SB100, sound via TV?

Anonymous

I just got my Sony DAV-SB100, and while the product is first class, the documentation is a bit skimpy.
I have it hooked up to the TV via SCART, but I haven't had time to install all the speakers yet.
Can anyone tell me if I should be able to get sound via the TV speakers until I get that done?

Anonymous

Although i do not have the manual in front of me so that i can point you exactly to a page of it i can tell you that if you you go to sound configuration menu you should be able to switch to a diferent mode (i think normal stereo) in order to listen through tv speakers.
However there is no way to save your preferences so every time you want too use the machine e.g. for cds you have to scroll through the sound settings to get the configuration you want.

Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it (although speakers are installed now and working very well).
One thing I've noticed, if I don't turn the TV sound right down then I seem to get some audio leakage from the digital terrestrial signal. I thought the 2 TV AV channel SCARTs were unconnected. Is it normal to get this type of interference, or is my telly faulty?

bjakeski
Unregistered guest
I have just purchased a Sony KV-30HS420. I am looking for information on connecting it to a Motorola DCT 224/1661 CATV Converter, a Replay TV, and a Toshiba SD-3960 DVD player. I am hoping to be able to do this set up so that I can watch live TV while the Replay TV is recording on a different station. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? Also Should I use all monster cables? Component for video and audio? Will the signal coming out of the Replay TV look good on the Sony and will the Sony be compatible with the Toshiba DVD player? Thanks!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us