Question on speaker wire length & VCR video output

Username: Garyh

Post Number: 1
I've recently purchased and installed an Onkyo HTS-770 and am in the "tweaking" stage. I am currently getting ready to replace the factory supplied speaker wire with a heavier gauge of better quality. Does the length of the wire to each speaker have to be the same. In my case, the back middle surround speaker will be approximately 24 feet from the receiver; whereas the left and right front speakers are only 7-8 feet. If they are to be the same length, do you coil the extra wire? Does that cause a problem with sound? As you can tell, I'm not exactly an expert at this - just want to install it the correct way. The second part of my question is that I have a DirecTV Tivo unit, VCR, DVD player and TV attached to the Onkyo receiver. The weak link currently is the TV due to age. Everything works as it should, but the VCR when playing a tape has lines going through it and the sound is very low. I'm not positive that it is connected correctly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us