Time Warner digital cable

Bronze Member
Username: Lazarus2297

Post Number: 11
i posted this in the "comcast" thread...

I have digital cable and notice that my old (non-digital cable) channels are not in dolby but when i go above channel 100 i get dolby but it isn't 5.1 the input display on my reciever reads Dolby D 2:0:0 (or something similar) I have Time warner cable and the person i spoke with said there isn't a way to get the dolby in 5.1 Are there other time warner digital cable people out there getting 5.1 DD?

Username: Tmoore

Post Number: 4
I HAVE ADELPHIA CABLE WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1 HA HA IT ONLY HAS A RIGHT AND LELT CHANNEL COMING FROM THE CABLE BOX THERES NO WAY TO GET TRUE 5.1 YOU CAN ONLY GET TWO CHANNEL SURROUND

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 330
daniel,
I haven't used Time Warner in over a year, but when I did my experience was the same as yours. There was no audio signal for the digital coax output on the cable box on any channel below 100, and only Dolby 2.0 on most channels above 100.

I did get 5.1 occasionally on some movie channels. I remember watching the original air of HBO's "Band of Brothers" series and it came through in DD 5.1. At the time, it was a glorious and novel experience to get true 5.1 on a cable signal.

Annon
Unregistered guest
I had the same problem and contacted TWC about it.

Channels 2-99 are analogue; you will not get digital sound from them. TWC says that's the way they get it from the satellite feeds.

I was using a Scientific Atlantic box, which doesn't push analogue sound through the coaxil connection. Back to crappy RCA connects for me. :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us