Need Help - Static in Speakers

Username: Newbie7777

Post Number: 2
Hello All,
I just bought a Sony Home Theater System (HT-DDW660). I connected everything but there is one problem. When i switch the mode on the amplifier to "Video", I get static on my speakers along with the audio. DVD and FM works just fine. I bought a Audio cable from radioshack to connect the Amplifier's audio IN to VCR's audio out. The cable hook up is from the wall to VCR and out to TV.
It is the same whether i am playing a tape in the VCR or watching a cable channel. I do get the audio from the tape or TV channel along with the Static.
I am not very knowledgeable about these things so forgive me if I have not framed the question right. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Username: Newbie7777

Post Number: 3
Please help. I am desperate for help.

Unregistered guest
I have Grafdale speakers and have had them for approx. 4 years. They have recently started to make strange static like noises very loudly. When first turned on they work fine and then the noises start. I have to shut the Amp off in order for it to stop. It doesn't sound like statis caused by dust and I know it isn't static fromthe amp as I have it covered all the time. What do you think it may be? Any help would be great. I am in need of some diagnostic help!

ResTech
Unregistered guest
Do you have satellite television service? More often than I care to count, a ground loop issue usually accompanies a satellite installation. If you do not have satellite then there is an issue in the electrical current feeding the component. Make sure that you have all of the electronic components, i.e. television, DVD, VCR, HTIB, etc. plugged into the same strip and then into the wall outlet. If this doesn't fix the problem, then run an extension cord to the power strip to another location in the home, a bedroom or bathroom receptacle to test the theory. If that solves it, then contact a reliable electrician to explore your options, perhaps there is a loose ground in the receptacle, receptacle needs to be replaced, etc. or they might be able to run a dedicated circuit to your electronics if all else fails. Good luck.

Anonymous

Adding to ResTech, cable service can cause ground loop especially if it is not grounded when it enters the house which is often the case. You can buy a grounding block or inline isolator at Radio Shack.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us